Happy New Year Head-Fi! - "Auld Lang Syne"
Dec 26, 2009 at 2:48 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

DLeeWebb

Headphoneus Supremus
Happy New Year to everyone at Head-Fi! Many of us have friends here that we've never met but value throughout each year. Some of us seek advice, share our experiences, play games, and/or simply converse with our friends throughout the world. So all the best in the New Year and beyond for you and yours. With each new year we look back at the year that has passed. I'm wondering what you would rate as the top "news story" of 2009. Was it the economy, the plane that landed safely on the Hudson River, the death of Michael Jackson, Oprah's retirement
wink.gif
, the inauguration of Barack O'Bama, Tiger Woods, Afghanistan, Iraq, Iran, North Korea, or Jon & Kate
wink.gif
? Maybe it was a local story or a personal memory. Share your thoughts if you feel inclined to share...Happy 2010!
beerchug.gif

Dec 26, 2009 at 3:06 PM Post #2 of 9
Oh crap did Kirosia black out for a couple days again

Dec 26, 2009 at 3:37 PM Post #3 of 9
Wow somebody wanted to make sure he was the first to post one this year
biggrin.gif

Dec 26, 2009 at 4:38 PM Post #4 of 9
Look at the size of his signature. Absurdly large.

Dec 26, 2009 at 5:39 PM Post #5 of 9
Wow. Time flies. It felt like Christmas just yesterday...
confused_face.gif

Dec 27, 2009 at 2:34 PM Post #8 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dzjudz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wow somebody wanted to make sure he was the first to post one this year
biggrin.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by craiglester /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Look at the size of his signature. Absurdly large.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mark2410 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
hmm were any of those things stories outside the US?

I did not post my original post because I was concerned about being the first to post a Happy New Year message, or to aggravate people, that are concerned about such things, with my "absurdly large signature." I did not intend to limit discussion exclusively to American stories (as I believe my original post indicates...) I was simply attempting to elicit some comments about the rapidly waning year. Some of us tend to reflect on the year as it winds down after Christmas. Some of us reflect on the year on the last day of the year or perhaps during its last hour, minutes, or seconds. I'm sure that many people only reflect on the past year once the new year has begun. Some of us don't have the attention span to reflect at all. After you've flamed my timing, my signature, and my perceived nationalism, perhaps you have some thoughts on our past year?

Dec 27, 2009 at 4:28 PM Post #9 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by mark2410 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
hmm were any of those things stories outside the US?

edit oh other than MJ of course and he was easily the story of the year

Everything but Jon & Kate (who?) and Oprah.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back