Happy music.
Nov 1, 2002 at 5:40 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

geom_tol

100+ Head-Fier
Just listened to a record by Manu Chao 'Clandestino'.

What an incredibly happy record, even though I don't understand the French / Spanish lyrics I feel very happy listening to this.

I think they had a big hit in europe last year, I remember hearing some song from them over and over on the radio.

Anyway, if you want to feel happy put this record on.
I had donwloaded this a while back but never listened to it until now, and I actually thought 'Clandestino' was a Lacuna Coil record so i was really surprised (my NJB doesn't display artist when in album browse mode).
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 1, 2002 at 8:33 AM Post #2 of 3
I find that Brazilian music (at least the stuff I've run into) is quite happy music. My old highschool friend who teaches in Brazil said that Brazilians have a completely different outlook on life and happiness than people here in the states, and I'm guessing that's what makes the music the way that it is.

Nov 1, 2002 at 7:58 PM Post #3 of 3
I used to participate in capoeira (a brazilian martial art/dance), and the atmosphere was always pretty happy. the songs we would sing and such were always very upbeat and positive. although i wouldn't say all capoeristas or capoerista groups are super bubbly... mine was pretty fun and upbeat (though a bit exclusive to newcomers and outsiders).

Some other happy music:

Pizzicato Five - A lot of their tracks are super upbeat.

Mouse on Mars - Niun Ninngung is a really overall happy electronic album. It reminds me of the dreamcast game chu-chu rocket
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back