happy Maximo IP-595 user looking for comparable or better Chinese (because I lose headphones all the time)
Sep 23, 2016 at 5:52 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

nexus77

New Head-Fier
Hello all!
I have had (and lost) several pairs of Maximo ip-595's all purchased when being closed out for around $25 apiece. I wish I weren't so bad about losing iems, but because I am, I can't really justify spending big bucks on iem's. (though I would definitely appreciate them sonically.) With all the Chinese aliexpress brands out there and all the enthusiasm about some of them, I would love to know which, if any might meet or exceed the quality of the ip-595's without breaking the bank. I just don't really have a good sense of where the ip-595's stand in comparison to other sub- $100 iems. They just seemed pretty darn solid for what I paid for them.  Thanks!  Balanced, un-hyped and full-spectrum, I want unexaggerated but perceptible subs, punch in the low/ low mids, present mids, and an open, non-sibilant airy top with excellent soundstaging. (I know, I know. That's asking a lot. I understand there are limitations. The Maximo's are certainly not perfection. Just really nice for the money.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back