happy happy joy joy:my new Canon Powershot A75 (contains some pictures)
Jun 14, 2004 at 6:43 AM Post #16 of 22
I have a Canon Powershot A-70. This is my second one. I sold the first one along with a 128MB Card to JMT a few months back. Another deal popped up for the same price with a 128MB card and I couldnt resist
tongue.gif

The reason why I stayed away from the newer DIGiC processor equipped Canon Powershot (A75, A80, G3 and G5) is that they cannot take high resolution (640X480) videos like this one :-

http://www.gurushankar.com/golfbabe.avi

Anyway - they are very very nice and easy to use...I love mine to death and will not sell this one in the near future...

Cheers!

Jun 14, 2004 at 7:07 AM Post #18 of 22
Canons seem to be nice digicams. I remember considering an A20 a couple years ago when a 2MP was considered quite a good camera and that camera was around $300. But it turns out my usage of a digicam is quite rare, and I'm glad I went with the much less expensive Olympus D-100 since I didn't spend too much money on something that only got used every few months or so. A couple days ago I picked up a Fuji A205 since it was cheap (less than I paid for my Olympus 2 years ago) and seems to work well, and I only need a simple point and shoot model. If I needed something with more features and more manual options I'd probably go with a Canon or an Olympus since I have read so many good things about their mid-end models and I like their build quality (the midrange Fujis I have encountered seem a bit cheaply built).

Jun 14, 2004 at 3:52 PM Post #19 of 22
Canon gives you better photos than other brand at the same price. The problem is that they dont improve the movie mode as much as they should. Mostly it's still only 320x240 size with limited time and 15 fps. Even on their high end models it is still pretty much the same one.

Jun 14, 2004 at 7:40 PM Post #20 of 22
I went to manual focus (well, as manual as it can get....) I think I have got reasonable sharpness on the "target area" now:
bumblebee.jpg

(Image was resampled to a smaller size with photoshop 7)

Jun 14, 2004 at 7:46 PM Post #21 of 22
Jun 14, 2004 at 11:05 PM Post #22 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by Spent&Bent
great pictures, especially the one of the kid since you see the shadows too, very nice.

That's my son playing on the banks of the Kamo river in Kyoto. Lovely place.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back