Happy Fat Tuesday Samgotit
Feb 6, 2008 at 3:35 PM Post #3 of 11
Happy Fat Tuesday (whatever that is)!
biggrin.gif

Feb 6, 2008 at 3:44 PM Post #4 of 11
It's the last day before Lent, which is a good excuse for many to indulge in carnal pleasures. Not that anyone would do that in NOLA.
biggrin.gif
Knowing Samgotit, he woke up with a rice cake and marathon with James Carville.

Feb 6, 2008 at 8:39 PM Post #7 of 11
EVERYONE should do it once.
smily_headphones1.gif
This was the first Mardi Gras that actually felt like Mardi Gras since Katrina. It’s back at full tilt now and nice to see. I've been going for umpteen years now, but each one is like the first still.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I didn't see James out, but I did see some guy from Soul Asylum. At least that's what I was told.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know what you pervs want; so just for that, all you’re getting is ridiculously cute baby picking nose and ridiculously cute baby going for someone’s beer.

(I leave the house with my shinny camera gear every year, swearing I'm going to get those good shots. It never happens.)

baby1.jpg

baby.jpg

And yes, I'm hanging. I have the monitor's brightness level set at 0. Why can't these things go into the damn negatives!

Feb 6, 2008 at 9:19 PM Post #9 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by GlendaleViper /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Good gravy, is it commonplace to serve beer with a straw at Mardi Gras? I don't think I'd make it through the night if I ever managed to make it down there.

Was a Starbucks cup, but that enterprising young lady was sucking beer through it.

I might be repeating myself, but this is my favorite Fat Tuesday story:

I watched two guy tourist come out of a bar on Bourbon one year. They were both carrying beer bottles. They, of course, were under the impression you could drink on the streets. Well, you can, but just not out of glass; they didn't know that. Along come two NOPD cops and really start to give the guys some flack for the glass bottles:

"Where the hell do you two think you are? You're living room"
"Who told you you could take glass on our lovely streets"

By this time the guys are back peddling and blabbering apologies. One of the cops reached behind his back to ---what looked like--- grab his handcuffs. I really though myself these two were going to spend their Mardi Gras in jail. I saw one of the guys go white at that point. He thought he was going in, too. But what the cop was actually reaching for was a plastic NOPD Mardi Gras cup. He gave one to each guy after scaring the patoushy out of them.
evil_smiley.gif
The two cops had rigged up a way to dispense cups from their utility belts.

Feb 6, 2008 at 9:35 PM Post #10 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by Samgotit /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I might be repeating myself, but this is my favorite Fat Tuesday story:

I watched two guy tourist come out of a bar on Bourbon one year. They were both carrying beer bottles. They, of course, were under the impression you could drink on the streets. Well, you can, but just not out of glass; they didn't know that. Along come two NOPD cops and really start to give the guys some flack for the glass bottles:

"Where the hell do you two think you are? You're living room"
"Who told you you could take glass on our lovely streets"

By this time the guys are back peddling and blabbering apologies. One of the cops reached behind his back to ---what looked like--- grab his handcuffs. I really though myself these two were going to spend their Mardi Gras in jail. I saw one of the guys go white at that point. He thought he was going in, too. But what the cop was actually reaching for was a plastic NOPD Mardi Gras cup. He gave one to each guy after scaring the patoushy out of them.
evil_smiley.gif
The two cops had rigged up a way to dispense cups from their utility belts.

NOPD Tactics: Priceless...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back