Happy Birthday Todd of Headroom!
Sep 27, 2002 at 11:07 PM Post #16 of 28
Happy Birthday Todd ! Hope you're having a great day ! Enjoy !

smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 28, 2002 at 12:17 AM Post #17 of 28
Happy Birthday Todd. You were the first knowledgable person I every spoke to about headphones. That was about 5 or 6 years ago. You sold me a TA and a pair of HD 600's. See what you started.
biggrin.gif

Sep 28, 2002 at 5:22 PM Post #22 of 28
have a good one todd!

Sep 28, 2002 at 11:33 PM Post #23 of 28
Hip-Hip-Hooray for your birthday today, I say! Yay! (Feel free to silence me at any time)
tongue.gif

Sep 29, 2002 at 7:19 AM Post #24 of 28
Happy Birthday Bro!!!

Sep 30, 2002 at 4:53 PM Post #27 of 28
Hi Everyone,

Thank You for theBirthday wishes!!! I had a great birthday - I will try to answer the "what I'd want for my birthday" questions...
Of course - the BlockHead, Cardis cable and Sennhesier 600. For a non HeadRoom product I would really like the Meridian CD player we used on the tour. That way I could use a BlockHead at home. As for something we sell, a Grado RS1 would be my next choice in a headphone for my system. As it stands I have a Denon DVD player that doubles as my cd player and it is not balanced. I use a Reference Cosmic with it for home listening. I had just bought a 20 ft. Cardas headphone cable for my 600s so I could kick back on my couch without the use of an extension.
Unfortunately Tyll did not make the whatever you want offer (though over the years he has been more than generous to me)so maybe it will happen next year (hint hint Tyll:>))
Be talkin to you soon...

Todd

Oct 1, 2002 at 2:03 AM Post #28 of 28
Sorry that I was late in posting my birthday greetings to you, Todd. But now I'm starting to trust you, especially since I have recently purchased a pair of the Sennheiser 600 (with stock cable
tongue.gif
), and now listening to it. Even out of my Total Airhead 4.5V amp (that I've purchased shortly after I purchased my Etymotic ER-4S), the Sennheiser 600 wins over my year-and-a-half-old pair of the Sennheiser 590 - hands down! The 590 sounds murky and sizzly both at the same time compared to the 600 - even out of a TAH. No wonder why you said "I need sunglasses for my ears!" when you described the 590.

So, happy belated birthday, Todd! And my special thanks to you for pointing me in the RIGHT direction with my RECENT higher-end headphone purchases: the Etymotic ER-4S (from you guys at Headroom!) and now the Sennheiser 600.

In *my* future: A cable upgrade to the Cardas and an amp upgrade to a model with at least your Premium module.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back