Happy birthday spaceman & dariusf
Dec 1, 2003 at 4:49 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

ServinginEcuador

Founder of the Head-Fi Pay-to-Post Program.
Happy birthday to Alan & Darius. Here's to wishin' both you guys a totally happy birthday and an awesome, and headphone filled, year ahead. Sorry your birthdays fell on a Monday, so hopefully it worked out for a long weekend.

Dec 1, 2003 at 7:10 PM Post #2 of 14
Have a good day, and a better night!

Alan- we are practically neighbors... not too many from this corner of the US, it seems.

Dec 2, 2003 at 2:28 AM Post #3 of 14
Caught it with a few short hours to spare...

Happy birthday, dariusf!

Happy Birthday spaceman!! And many more to come.
smily_headphones1.gif

Lindy

Dec 2, 2003 at 2:50 AM Post #4 of 14
Thanks! its OK its Monday, I don't celebrate my birthday for a long time other then my wife and parents always remembering... We had our twins baptized yesterday so it was a super busy 4 day weekend. How's your Stax and the weather in Ecuador or are you back in the states?

Dec 2, 2003 at 3:32 AM Post #5 of 14
Hey Thanks Guys! Unfortunately, I am working tonight, but I had a great time on the weekend with my wife and friend. Hey Voodoo, my sister-in-law lives in Bedford, and my parnets are up in Bartlett, so I'm in NH quite often. Look forward to another great year at Head-Fi. Oh, I did buy myself a new Sony SCD222ES, and I'll probably send out for a mod after the new year.
biggrin.gif

Dec 2, 2003 at 3:40 AM Post #6 of 14
Quote:

Originally posted by dariusf
Thanks! its OK its Monday, I don't celebrate my birthday for a long time other then my wife and parents always remembering... We had our twins baptized yesterday so it was a super busy 4 day weekend. How's your Stax and the weather in Ecuador or are you back in the states?

Congrats again on the beautiful twins. I'm sure you guys have your hands full with them right now. Lots of diaper changes and feedings going down all the time. Sheesh, one at a time is enough for most people, but you are an overachiever.

We're still in Ecuador and will be for almost another year. We'' return in September of 2004 for a few months before returning. The Stax are fine but the weather is quite chilly. We got a lot of rain today which means it is cold in the house. There's no central heating or air down here, so whatever the local climate is that's what you get in your apartment. We've considered a small gass powered heater to run in the bedroom or living room at night, but at $150 we'll see about that. It only gets cold for a couple of months here, so it might not be worth it. It is normally right around 70 degrees here in the apartment, but when it rains it will drop to and hover at 62-65 for weeks at a time. Brrrrrrr.

Dec 2, 2003 at 4:07 AM Post #8 of 14
Quote:

Originally posted by ServinginEcuador
but when it rains it will drop to and hover at 62-65 for weeks at a time. Brrrrrrr.

wow 62, that must to be nice, we have 22 overnight in Chicago and thats without the wind! My morning daily walk to the train is no fun at all.

Quote:

Originally posted by ServinginEcuador
Congrats again on the beautiful twins. I'm sure you guys have your hands full with them right now. Lots of diaper changes and feedings going down all the time. Sheesh, one at a time is enough for most people, but you are an overachiever.

The twins are doing great, growing really fast. They are 5.5 months now and the boy is now rolling over all the time on to his stomach. He still needs to learn how to roll back
biggrin.gif
They smile out loud allot and its allot of fun. They sure have their bad days some times and the crying can get bad especially in the 'stereo' mode
wink.gif
It is allot of hard work, feedings and diapers but it all a small price to pay for the joy they bring.

Quote:

Originally posted by spaceman
I did buy myself a new Sony SCD222ES

Happy birthday spaceman, I also got a new CD player for my birthday
biggrin.gif
the Philips 963SA, its on the way. I did miss a great buy on the Grado HP2s from Ross
frown.gif
Was too busy to get back to him today and he already posted and sold it to another headfier
frown.gif
maybe next time, but the RS1 is on the way from Large4mat so I guess it somewhat makes up for it.

Dec 2, 2003 at 4:26 AM Post #9 of 14
Happy birthday Darius!! Glad to hear you and your family are doing well.

Let me know how that 963 works out for you, I may have to pick up a new source sometime soon too.
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 2, 2003 at 4:40 AM Post #10 of 14
Quote:

Originally posted by jim
Happy birthday Darius!! Glad to hear you and your family are doing well.

Let me know how that 963 works out for you, I may have to pick up a new source sometime soon too.
smily_headphones1.gif

Thanks!

Well I liked it allot at the last two meetings and at $300 used its a steal
biggrin.gif
I might be selling my NAD 521 soon.

Got to get some sleep now, good thing I'm 'working' from home tomorrow. Well at least between the feedings, diaper changes, cooking dinner etc.
biggrin.gif
got to help the wife. I might even find some time for headphones!

Dec 2, 2003 at 4:44 AM Post #11 of 14
Darius,

I had no idea......

Happy Birthday
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

I hope you get lucky today/tonight. I'm gald that your family is doing well and I look forward to you posting some pics of the munchkins sitting by the Christams tree soon.

Dec 2, 2003 at 4:47 AM Post #12 of 14
Quote:

Originally posted by Tuberoller
Darius,

I had no idea......

Happy Birthday
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

I hope you get lucky today/tonight. I'm gald that your family is doing well and I look forward to you posting some pics of the munchkins sitting by the Christams tree soon.

Thanks!!! lucky, what do you mean?
redface.gif
we do have twins, you know
wink.gif
sleep is on a higher priority now
biggrin.gif
I will post some pics soon. Got to let the dog out and get some then get some sleep....

Dec 2, 2003 at 4:48 AM Post #13 of 14
Quote:

Originally posted by dariusf
I will post some pics soon

I mean pics of the kids
very_evil_smiley.gif

Dec 2, 2003 at 1:59 PM Post #14 of 14
Quote:

Originally posted by spaceman
Hey Thanks Guys! Unfortunately, I am working tonight, but I had a great time on the weekend with my wife and friend. Hey Voodoo, my sister-in-law lives in Bedford, and my parnets are up in Bartlett, so I'm in NH quite often. Look forward to another great year at Head-Fi. Oh, I did buy myself a new Sony SCD222ES, and I'll probably send out for a mod after the new year.
biggrin.gif

Hey, I think I know your sister! I buy paper from her almost every afternoon (PRINTING)
wink.gif
. Bartlett... that's impressively north-woodsy... sheesh. I lived in Limestone, at Loring AFB in the early 70s.

Perhaps someday we can have the world's smallest mini-meet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back