Happy Birthday, ServingInEquador!
May 26, 2004 at 4:27 AM Post #61 of 69
Quote:

Originally Posted by timoteus
I have some Amperex Holland *PQ* 7062/E180CC that have a pinched waist between the micas and are 3rd revision vintage (IV3). They are my best tubes of this type. Odds are good you will like them too. How have the 6829 stacked up so far?

I guess we are both full of bull since my birthday was on 5/16. Happy B-Day!

Timoteus,

I haven't done any comparisons yet, I am so focused on doing reviews I just took out the 6829 tubes the Denon came with and dropped the Mullards in place. I sent a pair of the Mullards off to the guy at eXemplar Audio, and he says they blew away even his 6829s, so I count that as a "you're right" vote for your recommended E180CCs. He liked them so much he bought 12 more from me.

If the Amperex tubes arrive this Friday I'll have them in within minutes of their arrival, and will be able to make an easy comparison as the Mullards have been running since about 6pm tonight, and will run 24/7 until Friday.

May 26, 2004 at 4:48 AM Post #62 of 69
Hey Doug. Feliz cumpleaños, aunque atrasado, pero con mucha sinceridad. Veo que tenemos la misma edad. No deja de impresionarme la madurez y tranquilidad que manifiestas siempre. Ojalá algún día tenga la oportunidad de estrechar tu mano. Dios te bendiga a tí y a tus seres queridos.

Carlos
biggrin.gif

May 26, 2004 at 4:52 AM Post #64 of 69
Doug,

My apologies on the belated happy birthday wishes...hope you had a great day.
biggrin.gif

May 26, 2004 at 4:54 AM Post #65 of 69
Quote:

Originally Posted by Onix
Hey Doug. Feliz cumpleaños, aunque atrasado, pero con mucha sinceridad. Veo que tenemos la misma edad. No deja de impresionarme la madurez y tranquilidad que manifiestas siempre. Ojalá algún día tenga la oportunidad de estrechar tu mano. Dios te bendiga a tí y a tus seres queridos.

Carlos
biggrin.gif

Aunque llegaste atrasado siempre es un placer recibir tus bonitas palabras y bendiciones. Gracias a ti tambien por tu compañerismo y amistad. Que Dios te bendiga a ti y tu familia.

May 26, 2004 at 8:25 AM Post #66 of 69
OH no!! I come here to escape the Spanish language for a bit and look what happens...! They're following me, I tell you....
icon10.gif

May 26, 2004 at 9:04 AM Post #67 of 69
Duncan,

No problem. I honestly got no emails about following you around with Spanish.
tongue.gif
I hope you're enjoying life in Spain. The few days I had there in Rota back in 1988 were really nice. Too bad I didn't get farther away from the Navy base than I did.
frown.gif

May 26, 2004 at 9:18 AM Post #68 of 69
Quote:

Originally Posted by ipodstudio
OH no!! I come here to escape the Spanish language for a bit and look what happens...! They're following me, I tell you....
icon10.gif

Por supuesto que te estamos siguiendo. ¿Apenas te diste cuenta?
wink.gif

May 26, 2004 at 10:01 AM Post #69 of 69
Quote:

Originally Posted by ServinginEcuador
Duncan,

No problem. I honestly got no emails about following you around with Spanish.
tongue.gif
I hope you're enjoying life in Spain. The few days I had there in Rota back in 1988 were really nice. Too bad I didn't get farther away from the Navy base than I did.
frown.gif

Doug, Spain is great and I'm lovin' the weather. After Scandinavia for several years, this is just bliss. I'm also blessed to be in one of the most beautiful areas of Spain. Just wish I could speak Spanish! I hate not being able to speak the local language and although I pick up languages quickly it's made difficult by the fact I speak English all day to colleagues and Swedish all evening to the wife. Goodness knows when and where the Spanish will fit in but it will have to soon...getting tired of ordering the wrong dishes off the menus all the time...
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back