Dec 12, 2006 at 3:53 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

PinkFloyd

Headphoneus Supremus
Happy Birthday Sam,

Have a great day.

birthday_pig_cake_hg_wht.gif

Dec 12, 2006 at 11:19 PM Post #7 of 14
Awe… you shouldn’t have.

I can’t wait to get to the chain restaurant tonight for ye olde birthday meal. They don’t take reservations, but I called a week ago so they’d be ready. I can’t wait to for their special bastardized rendition of Happy Birthday. I love it when the entire wait staff stops working and forms a chorus just for me. They must practice that unison clapping for months. What a spectacle! The kitchen staff, the manager, and the patrons all focused on your big day! I love it when a server gets a little over excited, climbs up on your table, and kicks your tea all over your expensive mock turtleneck. It’s all part of the fun (they have those hot air blowers in the restrooms, so getting dry is not a big deal, though I hate to take off my shirt - see below). How can I get upset when they deem me so special they want to give me my dessert for free! Last year they didn’t even ask for my license. They must have noticed the twinkle in my eye, but do they realize less-than-honest ne’er-do-wells might try to take advantage? Apple cobbler doesn’t grow on trees you know.

I'm expecting a big birthday present from grandma tonight (it's not just for women).

I wish you could all be there.

Thanks!

Dec 12, 2006 at 11:40 PM Post #8 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by Samgotit /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I wish you could all be there.

I'm glad I can't be there to be honest
wink.gif
the mere thought of dancing waiters and being serenaded by restaurant staff when I'm eating would make me avoid that joint completely. I prefer eating alone, in a dark room. Having said that....... enjoy your dinner Sam!

Dec 13, 2006 at 3:58 AM Post #10 of 14
Happy bday!

Your posts always crack me up!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back