Happy Birthday fureshi!!!!!!!
Nov 5, 2006 at 11:34 PM Post #2 of 10
Jason's got Japanese covered.

I guess it's my job to greet you in Chinese and French (although I don't speak it): [size=medium]祝你生日快乐[/size] and [size=medium]Joyeux anniversaire[/size]!!

Anyway, [size=xx-large]HAPPY BIRTHDAY![/size]

Nov 5, 2006 at 11:55 PM Post #3 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by milkpowder
Jason's got Japanese covered.

I guess it's my job to greet you in Chinese and French (although I don't speak it): [size=medium]祝你生日快乐[/size] and [size=medium]Joyeux anniversaire[/size]!!

Anyway, [size=xx-large]HAPPY BIRTHDAY![/size]

In french its "bon fete", IIRC.

Edit: Maybe I only know Canadain french idk.

Nov 6, 2006 at 12:32 AM Post #4 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by ColdFireArow
In french its "bon fete", IIRC.

Edit: Maybe I only know Canadain french idk.

I didn't know there was a difference between Canadian and French French.

I was always taught to say "joyeux anniversaire" although "bonne fete" means the same thing.

the happy birthday song can be found in both "joyeux anniversaire" form and the "bonne fete" form. You can also say "Bon anniversaire".

Although strictly speaking, bonne fete doesn't really mean happy birthday. I can't remember why though... I'm just know the basics!

Nov 6, 2006 at 12:38 AM Post #5 of 10
Have a great day!
bday3.gif

Nov 6, 2006 at 12:40 AM Post #6 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by milkpowder
I didn't know there was a difference between Canadian and French French.

I was always taught to say "joyeux anniversaire" although "bonne fete" means the same thing.

the happy birthday song can be found in both "joyeux anniversaire" form and the "bonne fete" form. You can also say "Bon anniversaire".

Although strictly speaking, bonne fete doesn't really mean happy birthday. I can't remember why though... I'm just know the basics!

The reason I stopped taking french after grade 9, so confusing.
biggrin.gif

Nov 6, 2006 at 1:44 AM Post #8 of 10
フレシさん、

お誕生日おめでとう。

Nov 6, 2006 at 2:11 AM Post #9 of 10
I'm sticking with English, so Happy Birthday Fureshi!!! I happened to have been wearing your modded iGrados this afternoon and enjoyed them immensely while doing chores around the garage!

Cheers!

Nov 20, 2006 at 5:42 AM Post #10 of 10
i really apologize for being so late but thanks for remembering me guys! i was so wrapped up in spending the day up in sonoma with a very special lady that i wasn't able to check head-fi. i also gave myself a little bday present this year. a shiny set of e500 from TTVJ.
biggrin.gif

my japanese is so rusty nowadays
blink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back