Happy (and hilarious) acoustic coincidence (share your stories too!)
May 13, 2012 at 11:47 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Mishalex

Head-Fier
I decided to hook up some old cheap-o Cyber Acoustic CA3000 computer speakers, and much to my surprise, they sounded pretty great!  Sure, the bass was a little loose, the highs not quite as crystal clear as I might like, but switching back and forth between these $30 speakers and my Denon AH-D7000 on the Burson Audio HA-160D, the differences weren't nearly as pronounced as one might expect.  The reason?  The wood hutch of my desk on which the computer and speakers are positioned gives added resonance and warmth to the speakers, causing them to sound way better than they were ever meant to.

While I am aware that room acoustics are always a very important factor when choosing a speaker system, I was wondering if anyone else had stories of happy unexpected acoustic coincidences of this nature dramatically improving the performance of an otherwise less-than-hi-fi setup.  I want to hear your stories!

May 14, 2012 at 5:45 AM Post #2 of 2
Not really the same, but I discovered my love for speakers when listening to a pair of Logitech Z10's. :) It's not that the actual sound of those speakers blew me away, it's more the way the sound reached my ears, coming from speakers instead of headphones. I discovered I loved the way my ears listen to speakers. Got a pair of Wharfedale Diamond 9.1's and am loving them. Can't wait 'till I have enough room in my office for Magnepans. :D 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back