Happy 70th Birthday Mick Jagger!
Jul 27, 2013 at 4:31 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

StratocasterMan

Headphoneus Supremus
In case you didn't notice, Mick Jagger of the Rolling Stones turned 70 years old on July 26, 2013.

(Feel old, yet?)

Happy Birthday, Mick! 
beerchug.gif

Jul 27, 2013 at 5:40 AM Post #3 of 10
It amazes me how Keith Richards is still alive. Read his life story if a pill was available he took it and he smokes constantly. Look at some of the late 60s pictures and you can see he is "stoned" out of his mind. He even said as much. Second to the Beatles in the UK. They were looked on as the "bad boys" of rock [compared to the Beatles ]   But they wrote some good songs and have a massive following Worldwide . They dont try to be what they are not and thats why I like them.

Jul 27, 2013 at 9:25 PM Post #4 of 10
Quote:
It amazes me how Keith Richards is still alive. Read his life story if a pill was available he took it and he smokes constantly. Look at some of the late 60s pictures and you can see he is "stoned" out of his mind. He even said as much. Second to the Beatles in the UK. They were looked on as the "bad boys" of rock [compared to the Beatles ]   But they wrote some good songs and have a massive following Worldwide . They dont try to be what they are not and thats why I like them.

Keith is still very young, only 69 years of age and he even survived falling out of a palm tree when he was 62.. He was warned about that those coconuts eventually would bring him down...

Anyway, congrats to Mick Jagger..

Jul 28, 2013 at 6:23 AM Post #5 of 10
Quote:

There is a little correction you need there. Mick and Keith didn't just write some "good songs." They wrote definitive rock songs that equal or surpass any ever written, period.

The albums "Sticky Fingers" or "Exile On Main St."  are all one needs for proof. 
smile.gif

Equal or better than the very best of The Beatles, The Who, Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, etc.

Jul 28, 2013 at 11:19 AM Post #6 of 10
Stratocasterman--Okay maybe I sounded a bit negative --They  composed Many very good songs I have their first[UK] LP and most of the  others up to 1970. They are going up in price. But I also have the Beatles LPs up to the same period.

Jul 31, 2013 at 10:49 PM Post #8 of 10
Judging by some videos I think he does. Pretty funny that's he's still on stage, because I think he was one of the people who criticized older people still trying to perform, but I might be wrong on that one. All the same, good going, can't believe these guys are pushing into the 70s and still going strong.

Aug 1, 2013 at 11:21 AM Post #9 of 10
Quote:
Keith is still very young, only 69 years of age and he even survived falling out of a palm tree when he was 62.. He was warned about that those coconuts eventually would bring him down...

Anyway, congrats to Mick Jagger..

Keith was flying a kite ;')

- Wonder if there will be a party ;')

Aug 1, 2013 at 11:58 PM Post #10 of 10

Users who are viewing this thread

Back