Hansen Boards now available
Oct 29, 2001 at 4:04 AM Post #16 of 21
eek.gif
<- Is that a no?
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 31, 2001 at 5:58 AM Post #18 of 21
Uh... are these PCBs something to do with building a headphone amp yourself? What else do I need? (I looked at the parts list for the cmoy amp... what parts does these PCBs include that I don't have to buy anymore?

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Oct 31, 2001 at 7:56 AM Post #19 of 21
Quote:

are these PCBs something to do with building a headphone amp yourself?

yep, that's what they're for.

Quote:

What else do I need? (I looked at the parts list for the cmoy amp... what parts does these PCBs include that I don't have to buy anymore?

you'd need tools (soldering iron etc...) and you'd need everything else specified in the article except for the vectorboard. though i haven't used the PCB discussed here, i believe it is actually for a slightly different version (pocket amp with an x-feed filter and output opamp), but the original cmoy pocket amp (as well as other variations) could also be built on the this PCB.

Nov 2, 2001 at 3:33 PM Post #20 of 21
The Hansen board is for a great little amp using two dual 2134 or equivalent opamps. The first is for gain and the second is for current. These are separated by a single or dual crossfeed section. This amp uses a resistive divider which can easily be changed to the TLE 2426 ground driver. Loaded with high quality parts, this amp sounds amazing and can be powered by one or two 9V and fits perfectly in the Pactec enclosure. 9VB available as a single or dual 9V configuration. Giving a professional quality look and performance to the DIY headphone amp.
This amp can be built with or without crossfeed. I finished my last on with all the crossfeed caps in place but no switches for it as yet. Dual crosfeed requires a triple pole triple throw switch and I only have triple pole dual throw switches. I might just activate the bass enhanced crossfeed, but actually don't care for crossfeed at all.
This amp will cost probably around 80.00 to 100.00 for the best parts (or better parts) depending on your reference, but the amp will be IMO a Reference amp when completed with high Q parts. Mine is built with 2132 opamps, Vishay resistors matched to .1% Cerafine Caps for Power supply, Panasonic pot. Panasonic metal films for crossfeed (unused), and .999 fine braided silver wire for all connections with the dual 9V pactec box and Gold RCA inputs with gold 1/4" output. This makes for an exceptional portable amp I wouldn't sell for 300.00. This amp sounds incredible.
Highly recommended!
Dan

Nov 2, 2001 at 7:32 PM Post #21 of 21
Wow, I can't wait!
smily_headphones1.gif
I think I'll build the first one with cheap parts. Second, in an altoid can (any suggestions) for portable. Then, blow all my money on the third one buying expensive parts like Dan suggested :p Does that sound like a good plan?
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back