Hanging a K1000
Aug 10, 2005 at 9:53 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

jimbobuk

100+ Head-Fier
Ok i've just had a bit of a tidy up to try and get space back in my room.. My new K1000 pose a bit of a problem, i'm never that comfortable with the wire dangling down from the headphones as its pulling against where they're coming out of the headphone (horizontally as oppossed to vertically in most headphones).

Ideally you can let them stand up on their own, the problem being that when they are locked open in a position they don't stand up very well.

I've taken to hanging some headphones off either end of my curtain rail, it works pretty well, gets headphones out of the way, and just lets them hang.

I've had a go at doing it with my K1000s, the other worry is not wanting to overstretch the self adjusting head strap by hanging them on it all the time, so i kind of pushed the strap down slightly and am hanging it currently on one of the red steel frames.. I was just wondering whether you guys thought this was ok/safe .. They take some form of strain when in normal use and they're reasonably stocky, i think they'll be ok and its quite a nice solution.. I've even been able to wrap the wire around the tops of the headphones a little so that the wire still comes out horizontally rather than hanging down.

What do you guys think?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back