Hang drum - truly universal music from the universe :)
Jun 18, 2009 at 6:27 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Arlekiin

100+ Head-Fier
Well I WANT ONE is the first thing I want to say and I want to hear who else does. Who else thinks its an awesome instrument. A drum which can take CHORDS
dt880smile.png

YouTube - Well Hang

Listen to it and lets discuss how awesome it is...

Jun 19, 2009 at 4:10 PM Post #3 of 6
Arlekiin,

The Hang is truely awesome. Here's a little inside info: it's actually not officially a drum, though it keeps getting called one due to the viral effects of the internet. For more info and to find the most sublime Hang CD ever produced, check out this site: homepage - matt venuti. the CD "Hangisphere" is awesome, and Matt Venuti's music video "The Yolanda Trail" on youtube is well worth the watch.

Best,

Patrick

Jun 20, 2009 at 2:39 PM Post #6 of 6
The only way to get an "original" Hang is to write a snail-mail letter to the artisans that invented it and then wait for them to write you back. Then you must fly to Switzerland to hand-pick your model at their workshop. However...once you hear the sound you want one. So, Pantheon Steel, a steel drum company, developed their own production model called the Halo. There is still a wait but full production should be starting up. Home
If you are a softsynth head another option are sample libraries. Here is a dedicated Hang library from Soniccoture Soniccouture Also, StormDrum 2 by EastWest has a Hang instrument Sounds Online Virtual Instruments & Sample Libraries Finally, Omnisphere by Spectrasonics is very, highly capable of Hang tones Spectrasonics - Omnisphere - Features

Users who are viewing this thread

Back