hand washing v.2
Jun 17, 2002 at 6:04 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

daycart1

Ceremonial old guy, bifocals and all.All the philosophy he can muster can't solve the mysterious double-post.
Upping the ante: How many always wash hands before touching the stereo equipment (especially the turntable)? I can't stand the thought of degrading perfomance with gunk.

Jun 17, 2002 at 10:40 AM Post #2 of 10
I chose the sometimes , really depends on if I had just had some chicken or french fries , chips ,other salty / greasy food.
I really detest discolorations on knobs and panels and am always wiping down.

BTW-anyone else use a feather duster on the gear ?

Jun 17, 2002 at 10:55 AM Post #3 of 10
Quote:

Originally posted by rickcr42

Yo....
tongue.gif

Jun 17, 2002 at 2:50 PM Post #5 of 10
I'm w/ rickcr42, far as sometimes washing my hands after eating certain foods. Otherwise, nah.

Jun 17, 2002 at 2:55 PM Post #6 of 10
Quote:

Definitely, I have the Billy Bags Audio Duster. 100% sheepskin from AA. If you have black components, and a yellow labrador that sheds, it is the smartest purchase you can make.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 17, 2002 at 3:12 PM Post #8 of 10
Quote:

Audio Duster

....no "phile," just audio.
Quote:

Does it improve the soundstage?
tongue.gif

Well, no. But I use it regularly on my upgraded AC cords and find that it really cleans the power.
rolleyes.gif

Jun 17, 2002 at 3:28 PM Post #9 of 10
I only have the urge to wash my ears out after listening to really bad audio equipment.

I swear I have yet to wash the filth away from the MDR-DJ700Vs!

Jun 18, 2002 at 7:37 PM Post #10 of 10
Sometimes....

Working at a doctors office can an eye opener and I find that I wash my hands about 6-8 times a day. (And if they ever think you MIGHT be sick you're told to go home.) I figure I'm pretty sterile by the time I get to my home unit.

And yes, we use antibacterial soap around here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back