Hammond 1455 panel in FrontPanel Desginer?
Jul 28, 2003 at 2:39 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

bralack42

100+ Head-Fier
Hi guys, I just completed my META42 amp, but I seriously screwed up the panels. I've given up on casework and think the Front Panel Designer service would be nice (and it's not too expensive).

I'm having troubles getting the panel itself designed though, especially the screws in the corners. I'm using the 1455N1601 case, and on the datasheet it says the holes in the corner holes are ø0.150", countersunk #4 head, #6 screw, but in the program, the countersink options are confusing. Does anyone know what it should be, or does can anyone provide me with a template of this panel?

Here's what I think it could be, although judging by my crap-job with a drill, I'm not sure...
confused.gif

Jul 28, 2003 at 8:19 PM Post #2 of 5
I used Front Panel Designer for my PDAC's front and rear panels with good results. If I can remember, when I get home I'll look up what the holes are and how far are they from the edges. I just don't like that the panels are not anodized AFTER they've been drilled as they are still not that cheap.

Jul 29, 2003 at 1:05 AM Post #3 of 5
These hole parameters work for me - I think they look good enough, but as always, this is for reference and your mileage may vary - double check and don't hold me responsible for any screwup
smily_headphones1.gif

diameter 3.5mm
Countersunk for normal countersunk head screws DIN 74A
Thread None
Free sunk parameters
Cone diameter 7mm
Thru-Hole Diameter 3.7mm
Sink depth: 0.3mm
Cone angle 90 degrees

panel is 1.5mm thick, with 4.5mm corner radius
holes are 4.02mm from left/right and 3.77mm from top/bottom edge - this may not be entirely what it should be but it seems to work. At any rate the countersunk edge is almost touching the corner edge.

Jul 29, 2003 at 3:34 AM Post #4 of 5
Thanks very much aos! I'm totally lost when it comes to bolts, nuts, screws, threads, and the like. Anyone have any good resources to help me learn like, for instance, thread numbers mean (ie 4-40 or M5xsomething and the like)?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back