Hamilton 'Canadian' meet (July 8, 2006)
Jul 17, 2006 at 10:53 PM Post #226 of 247
That is great Tyll, I am glad you liked it!
biggrin.gif

Jul 22, 2006 at 2:13 AM Post #227 of 247
Agreed.
Anybody have a high res photo of Kevin / everybodies knives? I am looking to buy a pocket knife and I am sure any of them would do, so I'm looking for something cool looking.

Jul 22, 2006 at 2:31 AM Post #228 of 247
I'm getting a Leatherman Charge XTi myself... though it is more of a tool than a knife really.

Jul 22, 2006 at 2:32 AM Post #229 of 247
Quote:

Originally Posted by JaGWiRE
Agreed.
Anybody have a high res photo of Kevin / everybodies knives? I am looking to buy a pocket knife and I am sure any of them would do, so I'm looking for something cool looking.

To be honest, I don't think pocket knives are cool at all. Kids with knives in their pockets walking around the streets thinking they are cool are not what we need more of in this society.

Honestly, go out and buy a hat or some nice jeans or something, not a knife.

Thanks.

Jul 22, 2006 at 2:33 AM Post #230 of 247
Quote:

Originally Posted by philodox
I'm getting a Leatherman Charge XTi myself... though it is more of a tool than a knife really.

Yeah, I want a tool more then a blade that can kill somebody (although that's always cool too.)

Not really into multi purpose idea though, I'de rather carry a good knife and something seperate for multi purpose like swiss army or whatever, I can't deal with pulling out these 15 different things out of a knife.

Anybody know of some knife stores in Toronto if you don't want to order online like myself?

Skev, I would agree with you, but I don't even know how much it'de leave the house. Just seems to be I always need a knife handy whenever I'm not near the kitchen to cut open a clamshell or mark something or whatever.

By cool looking I mean't something compact, a bit glossy and not millitary ruggedly designed / built. Kevin had a few knives I really liked in design / looks now that I look back on the meet.

Jul 22, 2006 at 3:23 AM Post #231 of 247
Quote:

Yeah, I want a tool more then a blade that can kill somebody (although that's always cool too.)

Not really into multi purpose idea though, I'de rather carry a good knife and something seperate for multi purpose like swiss army or whatever, I can't deal with pulling out these 15 different things out of a knife.

Anybody know of some knife stores in Toronto if you don't want to order online like myself?

Skev, I would agree with you, but I don't even know how much it'de leave the house. Just seems to be I always need a knife handy whenever I'm not near the kitchen to cut open a clamshell or mark something or whatever.

By cool looking I mean't something compact, a bit glossy and not millitary ruggedly designed / built. Kevin had a few knives I really liked in design / looks now that I look back on the meet.

A tool? FYI there are no deer in North York. It's just stupid to carry around a weapon everyday.

Jul 22, 2006 at 5:23 AM Post #232 of 247
For the love of man-jesus shuttleworth, do not sell Jagwire a weapon.

Biggie.

Jul 22, 2006 at 5:35 AM Post #233 of 247
Quote:

Originally Posted by The_Duke_Of_Eli
A tool? FYI there are no deer in North York. It's just stupid to carry around a weapon everyday.

Actually, I'm planning to plan a camping trip very soon.

Big, I'll make sure to show you whatever I get at the next meet (less your scared of a little kid with a knife that he probably doesn't even know how to use in a harmful way.)

Jul 22, 2006 at 6:29 AM Post #234 of 247
Quote:

Agreed.

There are 6 pages of knives in the Knife-Fi thread, although I still really doubt that a knife would be the best tool for you, especially for the tasks you listed. A multi-tool would be the best and the Leatherman Wave has four blades/saws mounted on the exterior so you don't need to pull anything open when you do need to use a blade.

Jul 22, 2006 at 6:35 AM Post #235 of 247
Quote:

Originally Posted by skyline889
There are 6 pages of knives in the Knife-Fi thread, although I still really doubt that a knife would be the best tool for you, especially for the tasks you listed. A multi-tool would be the best and the Leatherman Wave has four blades/saws mounted on the exterior so you don't need to pull anything open when you do need to use a blade.

But I don't want something big and clunky. I was thinking a pocket knife and one of those swiss army pocket knives, I want a cool blade, but don't want something where I need to pull out 15 different things.

http://www.leatherman.com/products/k...01/default.asp

Seems rather nice to me though for it's size.

Jul 22, 2006 at 3:22 PM Post #236 of 247
Quote:

Actually, I'm planning to plan a camping trip very soon.

Big, I'll make sure to show you whatever I get at the next meet (less your scared of a little kid with a knife that he probably doesn't even know how to use in a harmful way.)

I hate to break it to you, but you're not going to hunt anything. First of all you need a license, and second of all, you don't need a hunting knife to cut up food while camping. I think this is a case of something you don't need.

Jul 22, 2006 at 5:15 PM Post #237 of 247
Quote:

Originally Posted by The_Duke_Of_Eli
I hate to break it to you, but you're not going to hunt anything. First of all you need a license, and second of all, you don't need a hunting knife to cut up food while camping. I think this is a case of something you don't need.

And I think we're jacking a thread, and if everybody bought stuff they needed (not to get into an arguement, but you know the headphones you have are not necessities), and I know you need a hunting liscense (my uncle I believe has one and we're probably going to go with him, although I need to look into these things.)

PS, I think we should stop posting in this thread. If you'de like to argue with me (which I really don't want to do as I never even said a knife was a necessity), you can pm me, but I don't really even want to go there.

Jul 22, 2006 at 5:43 PM Post #238 of 247
Quote:

And I think we're jacking a thread, and if everybody bought stuff they needed (not to get into an arguement, but you know the headphones you have are not necessities), and I know you need a hunting liscense (my uncle I believe has one and we're probably going to go with him, although I need to look into these things.)

PS, I think we should stop posting in this thread. If you'de like to argue with me (which I really don't want to do as I never even said a knife was a necessity), you can pm me, but I don't really even want to go there.

Let me tell you from experience. You're 13. I'm 18. Took me 6 years to figure out, that the swiss army knife that I bought when I was 12 is the biggest waste of money I ever spent. Everytime I needed a knife, I'd go to the kitchen. Everytime I needed scissors, I'd grad the big, easy to handle pair from my study. Whenever I went fishing, theres a knife in the fishing kit. No need for this "tool" for me, especially since we're city kids. (AFAIK, there's no wilderness in North York that would effect your everyday life, unless you live with squirrels in a tree w/ internet connection or some **** like that.)

Save up the money, and buy a pair of Grado's.
rs1smile.gif

Jul 22, 2006 at 6:47 PM Post #239 of 247
Quote:

Originally Posted by skev13
Let me tell you from experience. You're 13. I'm 18. Took me 6 years to figure out, that the swiss army knife that I bought when I was 12 is the biggest waste of money I ever spent. Everytime I needed a knife, I'd go to the kitchen. Everytime I needed scissors, I'd grad the big, easy to handle pair from my study. Whenever I went fishing, theres a knife in the fishing kit. No need for this "tool" for me, especially since we're city kids. (AFAIK, there's no wilderness in North York that would effect your everyday life, unless you live with squirrels in a tree w/ internet connection or some **** like that.)

Save up the money, and buy a pair of Grado's.
rs1smile.gif

I refuse to put a pair of grados on my head, buying them is the last thing I'll ever do.

Jul 22, 2006 at 7:21 PM Post #240 of 247
Quote:

I refuse to put a pair of grados on my head, buying them is the last thing I'll ever do.

******. Wouldn't try tubes, wouldn't try grado. Those are the 2 best things in the audio world. I wish my moola thread was still alive.

Biggie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back