Halo 3 - Official Discussion Thread
Sep 4, 2007 at 4:15 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 83

wakeride74

Headphoneus Supremus
So, 20 days and counting! Will this live up to the hype that Halo 2 failed at? Any thoughts on how it will compare to other 360 games? Bungie always seems to set the bar with graphics pretty high but so far Gears has yet to be topped IMO.

I'm very excited about this game and I hope they don't try and get too ridiculous with the story. I'd like to see less vehicle travel than the last game, less gameplay as the Arbiter and more of a "save the earth from the aliens" scheme, which is simple but really works for me.

Thoughts?

Sep 4, 2007 at 6:32 PM Post #2 of 83
Quote:

Originally Posted by wakeride74 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So, 20 days and counting! Will this live up to the hype that Halo 2 failed at? Any thoughts on how it will compare to other 360 games? Bungie always seems to set the bar with graphics pretty high but so far Gears has yet to be topped IMO.

Gears has already been topped by the COD 4 Beta. Fantastic graphics and gameplay at a constant 60 FPS! Even though Halo 3 will be 30 FPS, it will have much much larger environments and eye candy.

Oh, and if you didn't already know four player online co-op for the campaign, confirmed.
wink.gif

126628-1-1.jpg

Quote:

I'm very excited about this game and I hope they don't try and get too ridiculous with the story. I'd like to see less vehicle travel than the last game, less gameplay as the Arbiter and more of a "save the earth from the aliens" scheme, which is simple but really works for me.

Thoughts?

Well, since there are no Tyler Durden moments when playing co-op mode, you can avoid playing as the Arbiter by being the host of the game.
wink.gif
Otherwise you'll be playing 100% of the game as the Arbiter.

-Ed

Sep 4, 2007 at 6:51 PM Post #3 of 83
COD4 will be awesome and the graphics look amazing but since it's not out yet Gears still wins
tongue.gif

I'm old school, I'll be doing most of my playing in single player campaign... at least until I figure out how to host my own co-op games and invite only who I want to invite
wink.gif

Sep 4, 2007 at 8:23 PM Post #4 of 83
Well the first two were disappointments, hopefully the third wont be. Also, I tried Halo 2 in co-op, but even then halfway through the arbiter stage we got so bored we gave up. Never bothered to slog through and finish the rest. An FPS with a gamepad holds no interest for me multiplayer, so without a really engaging single player campaign, its really a waste of time. Hopefully this one will fix the first two.

Sep 4, 2007 at 9:28 PM Post #5 of 83
I think Halo 3 is gonna suck (Online). Not to be a dick or anything, but they are going overboard with it. Simplicity is the key to a excelent game, and they killed the simplicity, therefore ruining the game's potential. I dont think it will be played competatively, too many gadgets and new weapons. Also, what is up with the new BS servers, they spent hundreds of thousands on new servers for the game, and for what? A stupid in game screenshot program? If they knew how to make a good game, which they must have forgot how to, they would at least made dedicated servers to stop the cheating.

The one thing I am looking forward to though is campaign.

Sep 4, 2007 at 9:33 PM Post #6 of 83
Quote:

Originally Posted by RedLeader /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well the first two were disappointments, hopefully the third wont be. Also, I tried Halo 2 in co-op, but even then halfway through the arbiter stage we got so bored we gave up. Never bothered to slog through and finish the rest. An FPS with a gamepad holds no interest for me multiplayer, so without a really engaging single player campaign, its really a waste of time. Hopefully this one will fix the first two.

The first one was a dissapointment? No way. Yes, the second one was quite a dissapointment, but the first is classic and takes ALOT of skill to play, esp multiplayer. In comparison, the first one had a much campaign and better online play. CE set the standard for 2, and 2 came no where near what CE was.

Sep 4, 2007 at 9:46 PM Post #7 of 83
After Halo 1/2, don't have much hope for Halo 3. Bungie seems to have forgotten how to write a story ever since Myth.

As for multiplayer? DM reached it's peak in Q3A and hasn't even come close since. Coop was/is great though. Easily the best part of the Halo series.

/Yep. Preordered Halo 3 too.

Sep 4, 2007 at 10:28 PM Post #10 of 83
Quote:

Originally Posted by F1GTR /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'll probably pick it up but it and my Xbox will soon be collecting dust come November.

LOL, same here! The second that the temp drops under 35 degrees, I'm gone.

Sep 5, 2007 at 12:01 AM Post #11 of 83
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rise To The Top /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The first one was a dissapointment? No way. Yes, the second one was quite a dissapointment, but the first is classic and takes ALOT of skill to play, esp multiplayer.

That's funny because I found it to be the opposite as far as MP is concerned. Halo had long drawn out matches on maps where one particular weapon set reigned supreme, but in 2, the matches are always fast and frantic, almost non-stop action except for one or two maps, and the weapons are all a matter of preference, more balanced, except for the energy blade. These are PC impressions, but multiplayer seems harder and almost less fun on 2 than it was on 1. That said I am anxiously awaiting 3 and I'm very glad my room mate has a 360 so I can be cheap and not get one.

Sep 5, 2007 at 4:17 AM Post #13 of 83
Quote:

Originally Posted by XGJFilmsX /img/forum/go_quote.gif
how can you not like the halo series???? H3 is going to be sick new everything and no button glitches, I'm camping for it!!!!

There were and are better FPS games. That's really all I have to say on the matter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back