Halloween Playlist
Oct 31, 2001 at 2:16 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

KR...

Curator of the Headphone Lust Museum
Does anyone here have certain songs that they like to play for certain holidays?

During Halloween I used to always play the most creepy songs in my CD collection. These days however, it's almost pointless, since that's almost every CD
evil_smiley.gif

Nevertheless, it might be a fun thing to list your favorite songs to listen to for Halloween. It doesn't matter what style it is, as long as it fits into the whole Halloween theme.

Oct 31, 2001 at 4:33 AM Post #3 of 16
Let's see here, I have :

Misfits – Static Age
Misfits – Walk Among Us
Misfits – Evilive
Misfits – Earth A.D.
Misfits – Walk Among You : Live in New York City (bootleg)
Misfits – Legacy of Brutality
Misfits – Collection 1
Misfits – Collection 2

Think that's enough?
very_evil_smiley.gif

Oct 31, 2001 at 5:29 AM Post #5 of 16
Listen to NIN Downward Spiral, My Life With the Thrill Kill Kult, then watch the unreleased NIN Broken EP video and that's a hell of a scare for Halloween.

Oct 31, 2001 at 1:34 PM Post #9 of 16
Yen Pox - "Blood Music"
Lustmord - "Heresy"
In Slaughter Natives - "Enter Now the World"
Coil - "Unoffocial Themes for Hellraiser"

evil_smiley.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif

Oct 31, 2001 at 4:25 PM Post #11 of 16
Quote:

Who's Danny Elfman?

He was the leader of the band Oingo Boingo, and now spends much of his time composing soundtracks and scores. He's also Jenna Elfman's (Dharma & Gregg star) dad
wink.gif

Nov 1, 2001 at 2:45 AM Post #12 of 16
Danny Elfman also wrote the score and sang on the Nightmare Before Christmas soundtrack... which should certainly be played at halloween.

Nov 1, 2001 at 1:49 PM Post #13 of 16
I'm surprised nobody mentioned Diamanda Galas's "The Divine Pit" and "Saint of the Pit". While they are part of a three part work dealing with AIDS, they are also very creepy. I think there is also a Current 93 record (maybe it was "Current 93 presents . . .") that was, according to the liner notes, designed to make you ill (the whole record was a bunch of high, sharp tones--like scratching a chalkboard, but worse). As I recall it actually worked--even on those unaware of the record's stated purpose--but I haven't dug out any of my old industrial records in a long time.

Nov 1, 2001 at 7:15 PM Post #15 of 16
I don't disagree with KR...'s observation that "Diamanda Galas is a bit much for most people ", but this was for a Halloween playlist. I happen to like those albums very much, but they aren't everyday music. Also, I might just have fond memories attached to them.

Advice for all you kids out there: If you are unhappy with your college roommate you can play these records often and they'll likely move out or, at least, be very frigthened of you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back