Halloween Music
Oct 30, 2003 at 8:49 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 27

grinch

Cognac....icky.Scotch....icky.Vodka....
i know this is probably a bit late, but what do you guys like to listen to during the halloween season? of course, i do not mean those damn "scary sound efx" cds.
biggrin.gif

i've been listening to my misifts boxset like a mofo this week and i'm loving it. it seems to be just perfect for this week's festivities. any other suggestions?

[size=xx-small][edit]: thread title change[/size]

Oct 30, 2003 at 9:03 PM Post #2 of 27
okay, so i'm thinking i should've expanded this thread further so it could also include movies, parties, and whatever anybody else likes to do this year.

personally, every october 30th i watch the crow (the original of course, as i like to pretend the sequels don't exist). then i was thinking on halloween and this weekend watching: evil dead 2, halloween (original, with tv footage added in), the nightmare before christmas, dawn of the dead.. either way, it should be fun media-wise.

Oct 30, 2003 at 9:13 PM Post #3 of 27
Can't vouch for as I'm going to see it for the first time tomorrow, but... "28 Days Later".

Oct 30, 2003 at 9:16 PM Post #4 of 27
Quote:

Originally posted by blessingx
Can't vouch for as I'm going to see it for the first time tomorrow, but... "28 Days Later".

Just finished watching that. Excellent movie and **** yer pant's scary
evil_smiley.gif

Oct 30, 2003 at 9:18 PM Post #5 of 27
Quote:

Originally posted by grinch
i know this is probably a bit late, but what do you guys like to listen to during the halloween season?

How about Wagner's Ride of the Valkyries from Die Walkure.

Seriously, though, I don't think there's anything about Halloween that makes we want to listen to a certain song, watch a certain movie, etc. Maybe I'm just boring or something
plainface.gif

--Chris

Oct 30, 2003 at 10:39 PM Post #6 of 27
I used to like to listen to "Every Day is Halloween" by Ministry (before I sold that cd, of course. Bad call there, I'm afraid) Black Sabbath's first one is also some very good Halloween music.

Oct 31, 2003 at 12:21 AM Post #9 of 27
I don't know about scary but "Concrete Blonde" stuff always reminds me of halloween.

Oct 31, 2003 at 6:03 AM Post #12 of 27
A few years ago I rented the DVD "From Dusk till Dawn" on a Halloween evening, in there was a scene where Selma Hayek performed a sexy dance to a band singing a song called After Dark. The song stayed with me well after the movie was over, and I hunted down the CD that has it - "Tarantism", by the band Tito and Tarantula.

Since then, every year around Halloween time I play the song a lot. In fact, I have it on right at this moment.

Cheers,
W

Oct 31, 2003 at 3:02 PM Post #15 of 27
the crow was great, as per usual. while in my car last night i found another great halloween band that i had completely forgotten about: type o negative.
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back