Half Life Alyx
Mar 28, 2020 at 10:44 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 19

SilverEars

Headphoneus Supremus
Dope looking game, but requires VR googles that utilizes PC graphics cards. The problem is, Oculous S is all sold out and the overpriced ones are left over. I really want to play this one as I'm a huge Half Life fan.

Aug 26, 2021 at 10:52 AM Post #4 of 19
It makes sense for Capcom to make a quality VR games with Resident Evil Franchise, but I guess there's no big money in it for them. I would be stoked if it was the same quality as Alyx.

Apr 11, 2022 at 9:33 PM Post #7 of 19
I played and finished this game within a few days, was very very impressed with the game overall and it does make VR look promising. I am surprised it is not fully adopted yet tbh.

Apr 13, 2022 at 10:04 AM Post #9 of 19
This was the most impressive gaming experience I've ever had, hands down. The immersion is just insane. Felt like being inside of a movie to me, absolutely mind blowing. Gonna give it another go soon. I have a higher res set of goggles now, too, which should be interesting. (reverb g1)

Apr 18, 2022 at 3:42 AM Post #10 of 19
Have played it on Index. Alas, I have a strong screendoor effect on that headset: I have pretty good eyes.
Sold the Index last year because of that.

Be sure I'll replay it when I'll eventually buy the new Valve high end headset!
Hopefully by then we have a new HL VR game.

Apr 26, 2022 at 2:26 AM Post #11 of 19
High production value games like these are exactly what VR world needs to become more mainstream. All those short demo like games just aren't enough.

I really need to get around on acquiring a VR set one day to experience this thing for myself.

Jan 10, 2023 at 2:03 PM Post #13 of 19
I think Alyx is the single most incredible VR experience there currently is. I've played through the entire game maybe 4 times? I've also enjoyed many of the community mods. There are some pretty good community created levels/games. I do wish there would be an Alyx 2. As far as the future of VR, I'm not an expert, I do see it gaining a lot of momentum. Lots of cool new VR headsets coming out. Lots of new games coming out. PSVR 2 coming out. It will keep getting better and better. There will be a bunch of AAA content in the coming years. I think it's worth getting into now.

Apr 23, 2024 at 9:09 PM Post #15 of 19

Users who are viewing this thread

Back