HALF LIFE 2 : HL2 : Now In Stores!!!
Nov 16, 2004 at 6:42 PM Post #31 of 119
I am taking this slow...reading all the manuals so that I dont miss any moves or actions...gonna savour the experience because it is a one time experience
wink.gif

Will be on CS:Source later tonight to get my butt kicked
tongue.gif

Nov 16, 2004 at 6:45 PM Post #32 of 119
I had it unlocked at 12 AM this morning. I swear, there were possibly 20 guys from my dorm floor in my room watchin me play the game for an hour. BEST GRAPHICS EVER! (as of 11/16/04
tongue.gif
)

Nov 16, 2004 at 8:54 PM Post #33 of 119
I HATE STEAM!!

I'm trying to create an account so I can play thwe game but the servers are so packed that it keeps failing (or its something i'm doing) I've got the game on my computer I just need to create the account which it wont do!!!!!!!

Nov 17, 2004 at 1:56 AM Post #38 of 119
Quote:

Originally Posted by Shang-Ti Chen
LOL, the pirate BT download is already out, and it's faster than Steam download!
(I bought Collector's Edition and Steam Silver)

Yeah, and that "community" is oh so supportive and friendly.

I bought the collectors edition. I had a coupon to use up. I hate Steam.

I hope the product activation goes smoothly.

My new MX1000 mouse is all charged up and ready.
biggrin.gif

-Ed

Nov 17, 2004 at 2:17 AM Post #40 of 119
IIRC the coupon was only in 9800XT cards. There may have been other models but I'm pretty sure 9600XT wasn't included. Also I think the promotion with the coupons ran during the summer of 2003, as the impending sept 24th release date approached that year. The coupons were probably cut off in Sept some time.

On another note I'm experiencing a really bad sound bug, something that has been acknowledged by Valve. Their solution, turn down the graphical detail! That's obviously not an option, I'm not making the best looking game ever look like crap. My other options are to play the game with choppy sound, or wait for a patch from Valve or new drivers from Nvidia for my Soundstorm. *sigh*

Nov 17, 2004 at 8:37 AM Post #41 of 119
Good gawd, could it take any longer for the d@mn thing to activate?!

Well, I got to play a little bit tonight. Very nice feel and llo to the game. Not as pretty as the lighting in Doom3, but at least I can see where I'm going.

It's pretty clear that my P4 2.4GHz system can barely cut the mustard.

WIll hopefully have my new Athlon 64 3500+ built this thursday.

-Ed

Nov 17, 2004 at 11:33 AM Post #42 of 119
er.. HL2 should run excelent even if your system is 2 years old.

The minimum requirements are a 1ghz computer with a gf2...
Although it would look like ass on that. Ill stick with my 3ghz p4 and x800XT
biggrin.gif

I know some guy with a gf3 and the game looks damn good on that. Valve is godly at coding this thing to work on such a wide array of systems.

Nov 17, 2004 at 4:41 PM Post #43 of 119
I play HL2 on my intel 2.8G with 512mb and ATI9800SE, the loading time a LOOOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGG with a little bit lag too. I guess I need to upgrade something in order play it smoothly. Maybe it is time to get another 512mb ram.
rolleyes.gif

Nov 17, 2004 at 6:33 PM Post #45 of 119
I signed up for an amazon credit card to get $30 off my first purchase...guess what I bought?
tongue.gif

I'm also happy HL2 is finally out so they can release Vampire: Bloodlines.
That will be a much more involved experience than HL2.

HL2 rill rock, but I'm craving a good FPS/RPG game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back