Hakko 936 and Clones. Differences.
Dec 24, 2009 at 3:30 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 37

S3am

Head-Fier
Hello. Sometimes people asking about Hakko clones (there are some treads on this forum, I know).
Today got my Quick ESD 969 Soldering station. It was the only soldering station, which was looking totaly like Hakko (on pictures), so I ordered this. The price was about 85$, when Original Hakko costs about 200$ in Russia.
So, here are some photos:

And I'd like to ask some Hakko owners to open plastic case and make inner photos. I wiil make photos of mine tomorrow.

Dec 24, 2009 at 3:53 PM Post #2 of 37
why buy a hakko when you can get the upgraded

QUACK-O!

3802569940_0004554ce5.jpg

hahaha
wink.gif

found in one of my flicker contacts' photos
wink.gif

Dec 24, 2009 at 4:01 PM Post #3 of 37
smily_headphones1.gif

I just want to know what are the differences and need photos of 936
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 24, 2009 at 11:19 PM Post #6 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by Spasticteapot /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The Aoyue irons are endorsed by SparkFun, which is high praise indeed.

I love my Aoyue 936. Brilliant iron for 40$.

Dec 25, 2009 at 1:09 AM Post #9 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by Juaquin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have the CSI Station 2 (the digital display one) and I love it. I don't have the real Hakko or any other clones to compare it to, but I have no complaints.

I have the same one (csi digital). I complained about it being really intermittant. it was the heating element! I found the spare they included in the csi box and with some MAJOR effort (solder does NOT want to stick to the wiring on the heating element) I was able to remove the old element from the pencil and replace it with a new one. I build a 3 board b22 with this 'crummy iron' and it worked just fine after its element swap.

the electronics were fine. they were probably ALWAYS fine. but I didn't know and I was seeing the digital display 'wink out' every now and then. I replaced the pot inside figuring it might be that but it really wasn't (now that I know its the heater).

the key is the pencil.

what WOULD be great is the digital station with a real hakko pencil. that would be the best of both worlds.

for now, my csi works ok. I still prefer my digital weller (more safety features). but the csi is ok for the price, to be sure.

Dec 25, 2009 at 6:57 AM Post #11 of 37
SiBurning
Thank You.

Here is mine:

As you can see it is not Clone. PCB are totaly different and Quick use china parts, when hakko use some brand-named (Power resistor looks like Matsush1ta, Blue cap - I think panasonic or Nichicon VX, and pot in Hakko looks like green Alps). So Quick 969 is just a GOOD fake
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 25, 2009 at 4:50 PM Post #12 of 37
However you define clone, it's certainly designed to look just like the Hakko, even the outer cardboard box looks similar.

Are the tips interchangeable? That would mean the head unit is also the same. Beyond that, we'd have to test them for things like temperature stability, thermal capacity, to-ground resistance, and how they solder. How long they last is probably something we'll never really know for sure.

Dec 25, 2009 at 6:28 PM Post #13 of 37
The tips are suppose to be interchangeable based on reports elsewhere in the forum.

I have some tips on the way. Hopefully they'll work.

Dec 25, 2009 at 7:10 PM Post #14 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by sachu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I love my Aoyue 936. Brilliant iron for 40$.

Where'd you get it?

Quote:

Originally Posted by SiBurning /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Beyond that, we'd have to test them for things like temperature stability, thermal capacity, to-ground resistance, and how they solder. How long they last is probably something we'll never really know for sure.

SparkFun's been using the Aoyues commercially for some time now. As such, I think we can be assured that they're reliable and work fairly well.
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back