Hair
Oct 19, 2003 at 3:21 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 27

eric343

Member of the Trade: Audiogeek: The "E" in META42
I just got a haircut, and decided to go with a buzz-cut-except-a-bit-longer... I know for a fact that headphone wearing is a lot more comfortable. The upper mids have lost a lot of warmth, which is kind of too bad as strings sound less natural on the Nites (haven't tried the BL-1s with this haircut yet). I think overall there's been a reduction in bass and an increase in treble, though I don't think I can say for sure until this haircut has broken in.

Oct 19, 2003 at 3:24 AM Post #2 of 27
hahahaha...

edited on the advice of my lawyer.

Oct 19, 2003 at 3:46 AM Post #4 of 27
Must be the flat surface reflecting treble. Try wearing a headband or something
tongue.gif

Oct 19, 2003 at 3:55 AM Post #5 of 27
Haha, whenever I let my hair grow out a bit it does tend to get in the way of my Grado's drivers. I've always wondered if it influences the sound or not
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 19, 2003 at 4:07 AM Post #6 of 27
Quote:

Originally posted by eric343
The upper mids have lost a lot of warmth, which is kind of too bad as strings sound less natural on the Nites (haven't tried the BL-1s with this haircut yet). I think overall there's been a reduction in bass and an increase in treble, though I don't think I can say for sure until this haircut has broken in.

Eric,

Please be sure to break your new haircut in for at least 100 hours before forming final impressions. I've found the mids really even out and the bass grows a bit. The treble also smooths down at the 60 hour mark. Good luck.

Oct 19, 2003 at 6:07 AM Post #9 of 27
Quote:

Originally posted by radrd
True audiophiles shave it off completely, that's the only way to really achieve neutrality.
wink.gif

Are you sure about that? You'd lose alot of damping if you had no hair and that would create resonance problems.

Oct 19, 2003 at 6:18 AM Post #11 of 27
Com'on, you gotta go for longer hair like i have.

It removes the overly-analytical qualites of my system, and provides a nice increase in warmth
evil_smiley.gif

Oct 19, 2003 at 7:32 AM Post #12 of 27
My dad used to say, "You know what the difference between a good haircut and a bad haircut is? Two weeks." Hence, burnin of a haircut may not be such a far-fetched idea...

Oct 19, 2003 at 7:55 AM Post #13 of 27
LOL...
so that's why all my headphones are lacking bass, messed up frequencies thanks to my spiky hair

Oct 19, 2003 at 11:40 AM Post #14 of 27
Quote:

Originally posted by radrd
True audiophiles shave it off completely, that's the only way to really achieve neutrality.
wink.gif

that's just what they tell you... the truth is that they're all bald...
very_evil_smiley.gif
...if this is true, PLEASE DON'T LET ME BECOME A TURE AUDIOPHILE!!!
very_evil_smiley.gif

Oct 19, 2003 at 12:14 PM Post #15 of 27
I've found the 1/4" cut is the perfect listening length.(depending on shape of head and distance between ears length may vary up to 1/8")

Users who are viewing this thread

Back