Hair and headphones
Mar 24, 2007 at 11:05 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

ozstrike

100+ Head-Fier
I have reasonably long hair (it is over my ears, which is where it counts). I was just listening to my Grados, and thought they sounded a bit...dark and muffled. So I moved all my hair out of the way, and listened again, and they sounded much better!
Problem is, I think the hair was part of what was making my grado's comfy. But I'll have to deal with that another way.

So, who has long hair? Do you move it out of the way when listening?

Mar 24, 2007 at 11:10 PM Post #3 of 13
Yeah I just realised how stupid it was, but I didn't realise how much it affected the sound. Will do it more often
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 24, 2007 at 11:17 PM Post #4 of 13
headphone hair is annoying though. my hair starts to curl up on both sides and get all poofy after i wear headphones...

i just hope that my hair isn't getting into the drivers, that would suck.

Mar 24, 2007 at 11:34 PM Post #5 of 13
Yup; The best advice I can think about, thinking about hair; is being sure, especially with Grado cans, to continuously check the pads everyday to be sure they don't capture any loose hair that may manage to sneak in and cause a bad case of "Grattle"!

That CAN be a major bummer.
frown.gif

Mar 25, 2007 at 12:03 AM Post #7 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cid /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Get a handful of hair gel and stick it up! That's what I do, but it's annoying having to wash it again if I go out. (I rarely go out though so, who cares.)
wink.gif

I wouldn't want to get it on my headphones though, I don't even wear them with mildly damp hair.

Mar 25, 2007 at 3:44 PM Post #8 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by Thelonious Monk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
headphone hair is annoying though. my hair starts to curl up on both sides and get all poofy after i wear headphones...

i just hope that my hair isn't getting into the drivers, that would suck.

I hate headphone hair, particularly at work. I usually let my hair grow quite a bit between haircuts, so as it gets longer I'm more prone to looking like an idiot after a half hour of music. So I tend to go through phases of music listening based primarily on whether I recently had a haircut
smily_headphones1.gif

Of course as my hair thins, it will eventually get to the point I decide to shave my head, then it won't matter
biggrin.gif
(
frown.gif
)

Mar 25, 2007 at 8:30 PM Post #12 of 13
Before I got my hair cut I had an Asian Afro, and the HD-650s would leave massive circles around my ears from the earcups. The marks would stay for hours. Thats when I stopped using my HD650s on-the-go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back