Hah!! I've seen 'em all... - d-ej925 is STILL the cewlest.
Jun 6, 2002 at 2:58 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Flasken

Exhibit A in the case FOR a legal drinking age.
BAM!! Today I finally got to see the d-ej1000 in real-life. It gets nowhere near the classic harmonial look of the 925. And I don't know if I am just being decieved by the eliptical shape of the 1000 but my 925 definately seems smaller. I'm so glad I own it.

And BTW I picked up the cd "Underworld - Beaucoup Fish" today and a nice baseball t-shirt on the way home..

Lol, and another OT event: France - U-r-gay 0-0!!! woohoo!! This means that denmark will most likely make it to the next round
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Jun 6, 2002 at 5:31 PM Post #2 of 7
Quote:

Originally posted by Flasken
BAM!! Today I finally got to see the d-ej1000 in real-life. It gets nowhere near the classic harmonial look of the 925. And I don't know if I am just being decieved by the eliptical shape of the 1000 but my 925 definately seems smaller. I'm so glad I own it.

I must agree! I love my D-EJ925, and after looking at pictures of both the D-EJ955 and D-EJ1000 I definitely believe that the 925 has more of a 'timeless' appearance to it; in other words, I think that in a few more years it will retain its modern look. And though the 955 and 1000 may be the coolest new Sony players now, in a few years, when they're no longer 'the new model,' they may be forsaken! And no, I have no alliance to the D-EJ925 simply because I own it . . . I would have sold it and gone for the 955 or 1000 if I truly thought they were better than my 925.

Jun 6, 2002 at 5:56 PM Post #3 of 7
Seen them all Flasken?
wink.gif

While the E905 may not be the smallest player around, it does fit in my jacket pocket... and undoubtedly has one of the coolest 'paint-jobs' around
wink.gif

Jun 6, 2002 at 7:58 PM Post #4 of 7
Duncan,
Roger that!! The D-E905/900 is a classic. The paint job is amazing. It is very beautifully crafted. The 925 has a very nice design too, but the EJ100 is plain and boring.
biggrin.gif

cheers!!!

Jun 7, 2002 at 3:59 AM Post #5 of 7
i'm curious whether anyone else has had such an experience as this: i bought a dej925 some months ago and found its antishock hopelessly inadequate for running, in contrast to panasonic slct470 and slct780 i had been using. then, after reading a description herein of differences between the antishock on the dej925 and dej915, and being desirous of the sony "spot on" resume, i tried a dej915, and lo, its antishock is indeed workable for running.

agreed, though, that the 925 looks cooler.

CORRECTION ADDED 6/27/02: the effectiveness of the antishock on the dej915 lasted a few days, gradually declining to the point where the unit became utterly unusable for running.

so back to Panasonics for running, and goodby to the sony spot-on resume and cool, ergonomic remote.

Jun 7, 2002 at 9:59 AM Post #6 of 7
Flasken
I agree .
I will probably obtain the 1000 as a back up transport to the
925 but the 925 certainly looks nicer in my view.

I also note the laser sled is moulded plastic in the 1000 rather than cast alloy in the 925,though whether thet has any functional
relevance who knows,but it probably makes the unit cheaper to
make=more $ for Sony.

I expect in a couple of years Sony,s top models will have the same
build quality of their mid price models now.....Cynical...yup.

At the Mo as my pcdps are used as transports their line out sound
quality is less of a worry.

I have had no problems with the 925....Yet,fingers crossed after a
year.

Setmenu

Team Flat stuff

Jun 7, 2002 at 1:27 PM Post #7 of 7
Roger that?
I haven't heard that since my cb/ham days!
millerdog has cleared the band!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back