Had some fun with a RPM and made some end plates for mini3 and y1 (pics)
Jun 25, 2009 at 2:52 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

Listen2this1

100+ Head-Fier
First of all you can tell that I am not a photographer.

I was able to log some time on a RPM (Rapid Prototype Machine), more precisely a stereo lithography machine. One of the professors knew I am one that like to prototype things so he gave me the opportunity to make somethings. A little while back I was wanting to do a y1 and a Mini3 in the same enclosure well I could not come up with something so I went another route. I plan placing the y1 and the mini3 in two different enclosures and the third would be for a aux input and the 1/4 inch jack. All enclosures will be the hammond enclosures that the mini3 and y1 fit.

So, I logged a little time on Inventor and came up with this design. BTW AMB thanks for all of the dimensions you have on your site could not of done it without you.

The top faceplate is the back of the unit. You can see that the three enclosures will be in a pyramid shape and will have phono(aux) inputs on the top and the Mini3 is on the left and the y1 is on the right. The text is set back in the material.

dsc01371b.jpg

The bottom plate is the front. From the front you will have the mini3 on the right and the y1 on the left. The far left hole is for the volume and the top left is for the 1/4 inch input. To the right of the 1/4 inch is the selector switch if you want to use the y1 or the external in.

I had a test I ran on another piece where I sanded it down painted it high gloss black and then applied gold paint to the text. Then I put a couple of coats of clear on top. I gave the professor this piece and I was not able to get pics first. Looked real well. I will need to put a little filler in some spots and some detailing but I think when done it will be a nice desk piece.

dsc01374c.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back