had silicone impressions made. have a question!?
Apr 4, 2008 at 3:52 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

DesertInTheShape

100+ Head-Fier
okay, so i had my silicone impressions made today. the only thing is, i didnt have to bite on a bite block or open and close my mouth. i just sat there, he pumped my ears with silicone and then once they dried, i had some impressions. so for people who know about this type of stuff, will this still give me a good impression for when i get my iems? he told me it would (the doctor-professional) but on some of the iem sites it says that i need to bite on bite block and open and close mouth. please tell me these will work! thanks.
wink.gif

Apr 4, 2008 at 7:04 PM Post #3 of 5
I'm guessing the audiologist probably knows pretty well how this sort of thing works, since I'm sure they do hearing aid impressions all the time.

Apr 4, 2008 at 7:19 PM Post #4 of 5
well the thing is when i was getting them filled at first for some reason he thought i was getting some sort of ear plugs. then i was like==="uh, actually im getting custom iems." i asked him if this would still work out okay, told him i was getting livewires and he said yes. still kinda worried though, cause i have heard about bad fits and whatnot.

Apr 4, 2008 at 7:53 PM Post #5 of 5
You should be fine. Relax, have a beer.
My experience was very similar. The audiologist was even recommended by sensaphonics. My custom IEMs came out fine. They fit and sound great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back