Had Sennheiser HD 205, need recommendations for new ones.
Jun 15, 2014 at 5:37 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Semiarty

New Head-Fier
Hello there Head-Fi,

So I've been using my Sennheiser HD 205 for 3 years now and today I accidentally cut the cord... so I am thinking about getting new headphones and I've been reading a lot today. I know there are plenty of threads out there regarding the Sennheisers 4xx series and etc, but I still wanted to make yet another one! (Sorry 
tongue.gif
). I only use the headphones with laptop playing games, watching movies and listening to music. I'm quite a melomaniac and enjoy good sound quality. Having in mind that I have a somewhat student budget and being realistic SH 205 obviously is not the high end and I didn't expect too much from them, but still it was enough. Regarding my musical style preferences: I like all sorts of music, from various EDM (electronica, IDM, prog. house, breaks etc) to classical, rock and whatnot, thus I would love to have headphones that could give me reasonable quality of all levels of frequencies. I've seen people talking on this forum about Bass quality of some headphones and etc, so in order to give an example, HD 205 was "good" enough for me. Mostly I'm choosing between 4xx series, but if you have any other reasonable options from other manufacturers i'm all ears! I'm from UK, so the prices might differ, but I would say my budget is 70-135$. Thank you for your help.

Edit: Forgot to mention, prefer Over-ear headphones. On-ear maybe could do too.

Edit 2: I've increased my budget to 180$ and also was looking at AKG K550, but I've read that it is not as bassy as Sennheiser HD 20x's and etc. The more I read and look around the more choices there are and it's becoming so difficult to choose! Need help :|

Edit 3: Currently my list of plausible buys:

Sennheiser HD 439
AKG K550
Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro
Audio-Technica ATH-M50 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back