HA-1 MkII good for HD650 or DT880?
Apr 22, 2005 at 12:33 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

gorman

1000+ Head-Fier
I'm considering to buy a "normal" set of cans, and I'm currently undecided between HD650 and DT880.

Considering that I would be using a Corda HA-1 MkII to amplify them, does anybody have any suggestion on the best sinergy?

Apr 22, 2005 at 1:15 AM Post #2 of 10
i haven't tried the corda ha-1 mk2 (only the corda ha-2 mk1), but i've only heard good things about the synergy between senn cans and corda amps. just thought i'd respond bc nobody else has; hope that helps!

Apr 22, 2005 at 1:22 AM Post #3 of 10
I have a DT-880, and the HA-1 mkII drives it just fine. They seem like a good combination.

Apr 22, 2005 at 10:02 AM Post #4 of 10
I owed the HA-1 MKII before I upgraded to the Prehead. Meier's amps seem to drive everything pretty well in my experience. I used the 650 with the HA-1 for a while with good results, but never tried the 880. I doubt it would be a problem.

Apr 22, 2005 at 4:13 PM Post #5 of 10
Thanks for the replies so far, I appreciate everybody's help and opinion.

Is there anybody that managed to listen to both cans, out of my amp?

At present I'm a little torn between them, DT880 cost almost a full 100 Euros less, and I really wonder about the reason of this huge difference in price.

Apr 22, 2005 at 4:58 PM Post #6 of 10
I really think you should be worried less about which has better synergy with your amp, and learning which headphone has a sound that better suits your taste. Hell, you might get GREAT synergy with one of these cans and your amp, and still hate the sound because it just doesn't agree with you.

So I guess the question is: do you want a neutral and more treble-oriented sound, or something dark and warm-sounding?

Apr 23, 2005 at 12:03 PM Post #7 of 10
You own a very good amplifier and I don't think synergy is an issue with either headphone.Pick the headphone that you like and put a heavy gauge powercord on your Amp if you have not done so.

Apr 24, 2005 at 1:54 AM Post #8 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by ssportclay
You own a very good amplifier and I don't think synergy is an issue with either headphone.Pick the headphone that you like and put a heavy gauge powercord on your Amp if you have not done so.

Care to explain this heavy gauge powercord thing?

If there's no specialy sinergy... the way I read things around... it seems to me that HD650 are more colored in sound, while DT880 are more flat. Is that right?

Apr 24, 2005 at 5:51 AM Post #9 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by gorman
If there's no specialy sinergy... the way I read things around... it seems to me that HD650 are more colored in sound, while DT880 are more flat. Is that right?

That's the general consensus, and I can personally attest to the DT880s neutrality.

Apr 25, 2005 at 12:11 AM Post #10 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by gorman
Care to explain this heavy gauge powercord thing?

Both headphones are easy going and hard to drive.A heavy gauge powercord will buy you some badly needed dynamic punch.Dynamics mean a lot to me if it doesn't mean much to you.Both headphones are colored.Listen to both models and pick the one you like best.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back