H3 Meet Impressions LA 8/18/2012 Thread
Aug 19, 2012 at 4:36 AM Post #31 of 191
Quote:
I think my friend's reaction is summarizes most people's reactions to the piggyback system 
tongue.gif

Will give my impressions tomorrow once rested, the rest of the pictures are in FB (I'm going to apologize right now for the fact that I take nonsensical photos of things and people, also noticed I gravitated towards some items more so forgive me for repeats lol)

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.343264102422559.79652.330131820402454&type=3

No lie i swear i saw this guy at round 1 after the meet. Twas cool. Thats was my face when I heard that STACK. 

Aug 19, 2012 at 4:59 AM Post #33 of 191
Great Minds think alike. This meet was my first and it showed me which direction I want to go in next. And it help me realize i am already satisfied with Mid non Planar Magnetic Headphones. I will most likely give up on the beyerdynamic sound as much as I love my DT880, I have found a new love the HE-400 and the HE-6. Kinda sad i didn't get to hear an HE-500 but I got to hear a HE-5

Aug 19, 2012 at 5:06 AM Post #34 of 191
Haha heck yeah, driving back to SD sucked due to all the Taiko Drum Master I played. It seems like the Mad Dog suits my taste a lot, although I wish I can hear it unamped. The HE-4 through the Lyr/frost were also really good

Aug 19, 2012 at 5:15 AM Post #36 of 191
Quote:
Haha heck yeah, driving back to SD sucked due to all the Taiko Drum Master I played. It seems like the Mad Dog suits my taste a lot, although I wish I can hear it unamped. The HE-4 through the Lyr/frost were also really good

We were playing initial d through most of the time we were there. We only had to go to Long Beach. I didnt here the Mad Dogs, were they the modded frostex?

Aug 19, 2012 at 5:20 AM Post #38 of 191
I heard the Paradox. They were not bad at all. Just not my taste. Wouldn't mind a free pair though. Would recommend them to someone. 7/10 

Aug 19, 2012 at 11:18 AM Post #40 of 191
Always nice to see Purrin, Anax, Nerdling, Jude and many other local members again as well as meeting new ones.

I have to say, this had to be one of the best layouts for a meet ever. The rooms had tons of space and were quiet enough so people could actually listen. Fantastic meet all around.
beerchug.gif

Aug 19, 2012 at 11:48 AM Post #41 of 191
Thanks to the organizers for finding a great space and doing all of the heavy lifting to put together a great event.

Thanks to all the vendors who brought their gear. When I was that UE was going to be there, I was afraid of an attack on my wallet, and my fears turned out to be well-founded.:). Jason, you've hit a five-run homer with the Mjolnir.

Thanks to all the enthusiasts who brought cool gear and great friendship. Finally got to hear the 009; they're not in my future while I still have tuition checks to write, but I definitely understand what all the fuss is about.

Special thanks to ongvua for letting me host his BHA-1. Can't wait for mine to get here.

Can we do it again next week? :D

Aug 19, 2012 at 11:53 AM Post #42 of 191
It was a fantastic meet, and a great crowd. The venue really was quiet, listening was easy.

Thanks Purrin and all the others who pitched into makes great meet...

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://danclarkaudio.com info@danclarkaudio.com
Aug 19, 2012 at 12:24 PM Post #44 of 191
Thanks to purrin and his scalawag henchmen in putting this meet together. I think I did alot more talking than listening this go around, but put that on my continual n00b status, despite my join date. Finally got around to hearing the Sennheiser Orpheus though among other fine equipment. Thanks to all the friendly people I managed to come across, as this is a great type of meet that accepts anyone happily who has enthusiasm for this hobby. Though I feel my wallet backing into a corner with a purchase of new custom iems from UE while there, and who knows what else down the road.

Aug 19, 2012 at 12:32 PM Post #45 of 191
It was a super awesome meet. I haven't been to once since the '09 one which I still have great memories of! I had lots of fun testing out different rigs and talking to a bunch of friendly people. The LCD-2/3s also blew me away since it was my first time listening with them..amazing. Lucky to also try them out on different setups. It was also a pleasant surprise to end up talking shop about cameras with some folks which I really enjoyed. Lots of crossover with that hobby too, I realize. :)

Can't wait for another meet like this and tremendous thanks to all the organizers that made this event possible. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back