H3 Meet Impressions LA 8/18/2012 Thread
Sep 2, 2012 at 3:49 PM Post #181 of 191
Anyone remenber an impression of my system? (It was the Audeze LCD2 recabled with the yellow kevlar jacket [yes, kevlar], plus the modified Woo WA6-SE and Hifiman EF5 amps.)

Sep 2, 2012 at 5:22 PM Post #182 of 191
Quote:
That was mine, and IMO it wasn't overshadowed by anything
smily_headphones1.gif

I'm trying to wrap up a review. Should be soon.

Thank you for bring that set-up, I was the kid that keep coming back and being mind blown by your set-up. 

Sep 4, 2012 at 11:57 PM Post #183 of 191
Quote:

He had a whole backpack full of them???  Holy crap that's badass.  I totally had my mind on something else atm so I didn't get a chance to talk to him.  Sorry if I was spacy/rude sluker, didn't mean it.  I remember leaving the show thinking "hey I wonder what that guy's rig and Grados sound like.  Oh dammit, why didn't I ask for a listen!  Stoopid me."

Sorry for the delayed response, I have been away. No problem "warrenpchi", I did not perceive any rudeness. I will try to bring the Magnums to the next meet if people are interested. 

Sep 5, 2012 at 12:07 AM Post #184 of 191
Quote:
Thanks for the feedback.  I've been following the Minute EL34 first look thread and will keep a lookout for any further reviews.

I have heard this amp with the HE-6's at the last two LA meets. And will say it again and again. 
This is the best I have heard the HE-6's from a tube amp, it is on par with my restored SX 1250 (165w/ch) but the tubes give it more musicality vs. the SS crispness of the SX 1250.
If you are looking to soften the analytical nature of the HE-6 this could very well be an end game set up.

Sep 5, 2012 at 12:44 PM Post #185 of 191
Quote:
I have heard this amp with the HE-6's at the last two LA meets. And will say it again and again. 
This is the best I have heard the HE-6's from a tube amp, it is on par with my restored SX 1250 (165w/ch) but the tubes give it more musicality vs. the SS crispness of the SX 1250.
If you are looking to soften the analytical nature of the HE-6 this could very well be an end game set up.

Very Nice.  I'm now also curious if this would syngergize with the HD-800 as well?

Sep 5, 2012 at 9:00 PM Post #187 of 191
Quote:
FYI - Meet Accounting.

1. The total costs for the meet were $2927.88 (not including any freebies provided by volunteers and organizers)
  2. The total receipts were $3093.59. Almost one-third of this was from significant donations (a big thanks to Jude, MisterRogers, Tehmom, Rubenpp, LFF, Asr, Teufelshunde, LFF, and a few others who I know I forgot to mention.) 

So we have an overage of $165.71. We have a couple of options:

• Donate to charity of choice
  • Save up for a mini-meet
  • Donate to HF

I'll let the masses decide. 
biggrin.gif

hold onto it to apply towards the next meet.

Sep 5, 2012 at 11:16 PM Post #189 of 191
I concur with keeping it around for the next meet. 
As an aside, I would gladly donate if given the opportunity but would likely be unable to attend (work and baby keep scheduling in a vice). I apologize if lots of requests went out for donations and I missed them, but I would offer the constructive criticism that perhaps there are others lie me who would donate if given the opportunity despite bing unable to attend. 

In any event, thanks for putting this on, it has been awesome seeing the aftermath unfold here on Head-fi!

popcorn.gif

Sep 6, 2012 at 12:46 AM Post #190 of 191
Quote:
Sorry for the delayed response, I have been away. No problem "warrenpchi", I did not perceive any rudeness. I will try to bring the Magnums to the next meet if people are interested. 

Yeah, that'd be cool, thanks!  Been very interested in Grados period as I've never owned a pair.  obobs[kivich] suggested I start with the SR-225 to get the quintessential Grado experience.  On my to-buy list now.

Quote:
I'll keep it around for next year or the next big one.

Or just hold onto it in general, I wouldn't mind that!

Oct 19, 2012 at 6:24 PM Post #191 of 191
Hi Everyone,

I know this isn't the right forum for this, but I had a question for all the people who went to the LA meet...

We are having a meet in San Diego on Sat. November 3rd. You can read the thread here.

Anyway, I would love to have any of you come down to Coronado for the meet.

Also, I know this is a long shot, but we had arranged to have Alex Cavalli send down a Liquid Lightning and his Stax SR-009's. However, his 009's got damaged at RMAF/Can Jam.
eek.gif

Is there anyone from LA who is willing to come down with their Stax SR-009? I'll pay for you gas money and buy you dinner...Plus you could hear how your 009's sound on a Liquid Lightning.

I read that you had 3 members who brought their 009's to the LA meet. Maybe one of you might want to come?

Anyway, PM me, or post on the San Diego meet thread.

Of course, for anyone else who wants to come with gear or without, we are still trying to get a bigger turn out. I know there will be at least one vendor showing a never before seen product...

Plus if you've ever wanted to demo a Smyth Realiser, I will ave mine there for demos. Heir Audio will also be doing free ear impressions for anyone who has a proof of purchase of any Heir custom IEM's (of course they will also ship them to China for you for free.)

Sorry to post this on your thread, but I figured that would be the best way to contact the LA people.

Hope to see you at our meet!

-Darin

Users who are viewing this thread

Back