H140 + Supermini + HD25
Sep 12, 2007 at 12:51 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Strings

Head-Fier
Quick question, be grateful if you guys could give me your opinions on this portable setup.

HD25s (I know they be decent)
H140 (Also know this is decent)
Custom mini-to-mini
Xin Supermini (not upgraded)

The Supermini is the only wild factor. Will that really bring out the HD25s sound nicely you think? Will be using the line-out on my H140 if that's any more helpful.

Assuming the Supermini will do the job will great happiness, what settings would you recommend for the Supermini?

Or would you recommend a different portable amp entirely for the HD25s?

Sep 12, 2007 at 1:04 PM Post #2 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by Strings /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Quick question, be grateful if you guys could give me your opinions on this portable setup.

HD25s (I know they be decent)
H140 (Also know this is decent)
Custom mini-to-mini
Xin Supermini (not upgraded)

The Supermini is the only wild factor. Will that really bring out the HD25s sound nicely you think? Will be using the line-out on my H140 if that's any more helpful.

Assuming the Supermini will do the job will great happiness, what settings would you recommend for the Supermini?

Or would you recommend a different portable amp entirely for the HD25s?

This was actually my "dream" portable rig for a while. I havent heard the hd-25s but it looks like a good match?

Sep 12, 2007 at 1:25 PM Post #3 of 6
It's just the supermini that I'm unsure of. It's OK with my DT880s, but I wouldn't dream of wandering the streets in those :p

Sep 12, 2007 at 1:28 PM Post #4 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by Strings /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It's just the supermini that I'm unsure of. It's OK with my DT880s, but I wouldn't dream of wandering the streets in those :p

I owned the supermacro LE IV for a while (its getting upgraded by Xin) and its probably the best sounding portable I've ever heard and I've heard most of the big names. I'm assuming the supermini sounds very similar and should work well with the senn sound.

Sep 12, 2007 at 1:44 PM Post #5 of 6
Well that's what I'm hoping. You know how picky you can get when you want things to sound just *perfect* eh?

Anyone have any good experience with powering the HD25s?

Sep 12, 2007 at 3:07 PM Post #6 of 6
Supermini is an awesome amp. Should work fine

Users who are viewing this thread

Back