h120 ?
Sep 1, 2007 at 1:40 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

bluzeboy

500+ Head-Fier
i have a h120 that i have rock boxed,is their a way i can reapply the original firmware?
thanks

Sep 1, 2007 at 2:38 AM Post #2 of 7
flash it with the original firmware. You can download unaltered firmware from the rockbox page located here.

Sep 2, 2007 at 11:54 PM Post #5 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by chelrob /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You can aslo dual boot... installing RockBox does not wipe out your original firmware.

having the boot loader is nice, but some people don't want it. The bootloader help me recover from a charging/connect cycle error.

Sep 3, 2007 at 12:00 PM Post #7 of 7
If you want to completely remove Rockbox for some reason, simply delete the rockbox.iriver file and .rockbox directory from your player. This way, the bootloader will automatically boot the iriver firmware. However, it is a good idea to keep the Rockbox bootloader, even if you are not using Rockbox. Unlike the iriver firmware, the Rockbox bootloader allows you to boot into USB mode even if the hard drive is corrupted. (The iriver firmware, on the hand, will not enter USB mode until it has successfully read the hard drive.) Thus, the Rockbox bootloader provides the possibility to rescue a broken file system or hard drive in situations that would render your player unbootable without it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back