H120 vs X5
Jul 18, 2005 at 10:00 PM Post #16 of 22
I know about all y'all X5L owners, but that extended battery is OTHERWORLDLY! Battery use is of NO CONCERN, I just rock and rock and rock with the damn thing, leaving the backlight on, whatever...I haven't done any specific testing or anything, it just seems like the charge lasts a LOOOOONG time. I have yet to make a concentrated effort to NEED to recharge...

Jul 19, 2005 at 12:25 PM Post #17 of 22
I used to own an H120 and now have a 30Gb X5L.

Things I prefer on the H120 :

1. The optical out was useful to connecting to my amp
2. Having a case as one of the accessories that comes with it. It is a joke that the X5L doesn't come with one.

Things I prefer on my X5L :

1. Battery life - I love how much less I have to charge this thing.
2. USBOTG - I do actually use this and find it very useful.
3. Video? A gimmick feature really but it is occassionally nice to watch a music video on it.

As for sound quality - there is very little in it. I wouldn't upgrade just for this reason. Also, I could live without a colour screen.

Jul 19, 2005 at 1:38 PM Post #18 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by timk99
As for sound quality - there is very little in it. I wouldn't upgrade just for this reason. Also, I could live without a colour screen.

Interesting, as Ive found my X5 to play clearer than my 120. More powerfully too as I hardly turn up the volume as much.

The only things Ive noticed that Im slightly turned off by is the lag once in a while when changing tracks. And you can feel when the HD is spinning, there can be a loud click when it locks into place on the track.

Jul 19, 2005 at 2:10 PM Post #19 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lorrisey
Hey BIGtrouble (heh, like your name), I really appreciate reading your comments on the X5L, I'm considering buying one.

But I do have a question, and maybe you'd know the answer....

How do you transfer your photos to the player? I've got a Canon camera too (different model) but had read the USB on-the-go feature doesn't work with Canons. Forgive me if this question is stupid, but I'm a technology dummy, are you using something like a card reader to do the transfer? Thanks.

Connecting the camera directly is a pain. Unfortunately, most of the canon cameras aren't compatible. Fortunately, you can connect a card reader very easily, so I carry mine in my camera bag.

I forgot to mention, copying photos is extremely easy. It's just copy and paste. You really have to copy whole directories, tho. It would be very tedious to copy individual files.

Jul 19, 2005 at 2:12 PM Post #20 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by uncle b
I know about all y'all X5L owners, but that extended battery is OTHERWORLDLY! Battery use is of NO CONCERN, I just rock and rock and rock with the damn thing, leaving the backlight on, whatever...I haven't done any specific testing or anything, it just seems like the charge lasts a LOOOOONG time. I have yet to make a concentrated effort to NEED to recharge...

I only encode to high bitrate oggs and Flac. I don't even loose a bar after a day of heavy use.

Jul 19, 2005 at 9:43 PM Post #21 of 22
The iHP-120/140 has an optical out that you port your lossless FLAC or Wavepac files directly into your DAC. Now that is what I enjoy.

Jul 21, 2005 at 8:47 PM Post #22 of 22
BIGtrouble, thanks for the answer.
biggrin.gif
*goes off to look into card readers*

Users who are viewing this thread

Back