H120 disassembly/Mods/HD replacement.
Apr 20, 2009 at 1:33 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 37

nsx_23

Headphoneus Supremus
Apr 21, 2009 at 9:23 AM Post #8 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by smallcaps /img/forum/go_quote.gif
good luck and if you can account your experiences that would be appreciated. i am about to do the same thing... pix please!

H1xx Painting How to ... - MisticRiver :: For iriver Enthusiasts

That was pretty much what I did. I uses a small flathead screwdriver instead and just took my time. I think I will buy a T5 for future use though.

I'm thinking of putting one of these in the H120 now: 30GB TOSHIBA 1.8" MK3006GAL LAPTOP HARD DRIVE IDE PORT - eBay (item 260347320435 end time May-15-09 06:11:09 PDT) It seems to be the right one...

As much as I'd prefer the 32GB CF mod (like the one in my H332), 32GB CF cards aren't exactly cheap, and I'd rather wait till 64GB cards become "affordable". This seems like a much better solution to last me through. My concern would be would a 2200mha battery fit in there as well with the slimmer H120 casing? H120 modders (EFN, where are you?
wink.gif
), your opinions would be great.

Probably going to buy some red vinyl when I have the time to give my H332 a new "paintjob" as well....
tongue_smile.gif
...Or maybe White. Or Purple. Or Orange. Or Grey. I cant' decide anymore.

Apr 21, 2009 at 11:56 AM Post #9 of 37
^^ nsx_23: how do yo find the iSKIN for your 340?? I noticed you had the blue one. i'm thinking of getting the 'arctic' one for my H120 (about to put a 32gb CF in, just waiting for the T5 torx) we seem to be lucky here in OZ as minidisc dont ship internationally and on misticriver it seems to be the only place selling them. is the blue one as bright as it looks in the pics?? because I really like blue, but it looks really bright and since the rest of my rig is Black/silver/gunmetal grey its probably best to tone it a little LOL.

Apr 21, 2009 at 12:21 PM Post #11 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by qusp /img/forum/go_quote.gif
^^ nsx_23: how do yo find the iSKIN for your 340?? I noticed you had the blue one. i'm thinking of getting the 'arctic' one for my H120 (about to put a 32gb CF in, just waiting for the T5 torx) we seem to be lucky here in OZ as minidisc dont ship internationally and on misticriver it seems to be the only place selling them. is the blue one as bright as it looks in the pics?? because I really like blue, but it looks really bright and since the rest of my rig is Black/silver/gunmetal grey its probably best to tone it a little LOL.

Um, I don't have an iSkin for my H300. In fact, I don't even have an H340 (Mine is an H332)
tongue.gif

I use a Boxwave silicone skin for my H332. Got it for $0.01USD with like $4 shipping, and works great. http://www.boxwave.com/products/flex...r-h320_359.htm

But, I do have an iSkin Evo 3 for my 80GB and 30GB iPod Videos, and they work great. Look very nice, feels very well built (Much thicker rubber compared to the Boxwave) and got it on ebay for less than half what they costed brand new.

I do intend on getting a blue one for my iRiver H120 though.

Apr 21, 2009 at 2:39 PM Post #13 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by iriverdude /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have the blue iskin

ahha!! must've been yours then; still think i'll get the 'acrtic' one for better 'synergy' with my rig hehe. but I might get a blue one as well for variety. minidisc has them for $22AUD at the moment; what did you guys pay??

Apr 21, 2009 at 11:13 PM Post #15 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by qusp /img/forum/go_quote.gif
ahha!! must've been yours then; still think i'll get the 'acrtic' one for better 'synergy' with my rig hehe. but I might get a blue one as well for variety. minidisc has them for $22AUD at the moment; what did you guys pay??

I tried to order from minidisc, but they only have the larger size left
frown.gif

Might order one from misticriver store. About $12-$14USD shipped. The issue is that they only have blue left, and I can't decide between blue or Black (which I can get from ebay, but for $22USD shipped, which is quiet a big difference).

I must say I'm surprised how much the prices have dropped on hard disks. It wasn't too long ago that even the 30GB was running close to $70USD.

EDIT: Bought one from misticriver's store for $12USD shipped.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back