GYM/Running IEM under $40 (Are any of these sufficient?)
Feb 11, 2013 at 4:46 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

ksimm033

100+ Head-Fier
I'm looking for a good IEM that will stay put in the ear without much adjustment and can endure the sweat and abuse of the GYM/Running. Not concerned with snagging the cord since I have it under my shirt. They will be used 5-6 times a week for 1-2 hours each time. I'm looking for durability, sound, and comfort/staying in. I listen to Hip-hop, EDM, R&B and Rock during workouts.  

SoundMAGIC E10 - $35
ViSang VS-R02 - $36
SoundMAGIC E30 - $39
VSonic GR02 - $40
Brainwavz R1 - $40
Mee M6 - $20
Brainwavz M5 - $40
Sound Magic PL30 - $24

I know these are not under $40, but heard good things and if they really are that much better than I don't mind spending the money:
HiFiMan RE-Zero - $59
SE215 - $83
SE215LE - $98

Thanks in advance for the help!

Feb 11, 2013 at 7:42 AM Post #2 of 6
I'm a big fan of the M6 or the S6 for the gym.  I put them in my ears before I run and I don't have to touch them again.  With some of the others, I have to fidget with them or readjust them during them my run especially if I'm sweaty and they start to shift or slip.  The sound is solid and the microphonics with the cord are minimal. While I like the SE215LE for casual listening, for me, they are uncomfortable to run with--they are a little too big and rub against my ears in a way that is too distracting while I'm running. I've worn my M6P and S6 3-4 times a week for more than a year and they hold up great. And, for the price if they ever do need to be replaced, I don't have to feel guilty about having ruined my more expensive iems/headphones. I am constantly amazed when I see people at the gym working out with iems/headphones costing upwards of $200.

Feb 11, 2013 at 4:50 PM Post #3 of 6
+1 for the M6. I have both the SE215 and the M6, and the M6 comes out every time I'm at the gym. They didn't fit well at first, but I got some Sony hybrid tips and it was like night and day. Most comfortable IEM's ever. Never worry about them falling out. The SE215 is big, and the cord on it is bulky in comparison. It could work, but the M6 is more of a put-it-on-and-forget kind of fit.

Feb 11, 2013 at 10:28 PM Post #5 of 6
Get the $7 JVC Riptidz. It is listed as being sweatproof and water resistant. It sounds quite decent considering it is just $7.

http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum/showthread.php?t=68432

Be careful when running near traffic. For use near traffic something open would be safer. Something like the Koss KSC75 or JVC HA-EB75 earbuds with earhooks would be much safer when you need to hear your surroundings.

Feb 11, 2013 at 10:46 PM Post #6 of 6
Get the $7 JVC Riptidz. It is listed as being sweatproof and water resistant. It sounds quite decent considering it is just $7.

http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum/showthread.php?t=68432

Be careful when running near traffic. For use near traffic something open would be safer. Something like the Koss KSC75 or JVC HA-EB75 earbuds with earhooks would be much safer when you need to hear your surroundings.

Thanks for the suggestion. I run on a treadmill, so the sound isolation is actually welcomed. I'm looking for quality sound. I use the CX485 right now and like them; they just don't stay put very well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back