Gym phones
Dec 2, 2004 at 1:01 AM Post #16 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by aeriyn
I use my E2cs when I'm working out, and before I had them, I used my MD33s although they tended to fall out, while the Shures don't.

I have the md33's, they dont fall out. It just depends on your ears i guess.

Dec 2, 2004 at 2:28 AM Post #17 of 20
My favorite gym phones were my E2's with the foam tips (which seemed to last forever.) For all-around use I prefer my E3's because they can be worn "up" or "down."

Dec 2, 2004 at 9:32 AM Post #18 of 20
I got the ex71 and the sound is quite underwhelming. However, at ~$30 and for watching TV at the gym, these are comfortable and practical. I was going to spend more on some shures, but after realizing how I just stuff them in my pocket, it doesn't seem like such a good idea.

Maybe I'll try the shures someday. I just feel bad when I "demo" so much stuff from guitar center (I don't like buying something I can't listen to locally), yet have never kept anything for more than the 30 days.

Dec 2, 2004 at 7:17 PM Post #19 of 20
I use the Sharp MD33's and they are a good fit with no microphonics on the elliptical, treadmill or stationary bike. The fit is going to depend on your ears, obviously. Another thing I like about them is they are cheap and sweat doesn't ruin them or make them smell, like the other headphones with foam pads I was using.

Dec 2, 2004 at 9:29 PM Post #20 of 20
After injecting creatine into my forehead, I rock out with my KSC75s on the treadmill and on the weight machines.

I dislike the fact that my ear drums are slowly dying from the lack of isolation. I do like the sound.

Isolation is important for portable gears, guys; I would very much pay $750 for a quality IEM in order to preserve my hearing if I had the money. It's pretty ridiculous that people around here are willing to pay hundreds of dollars for cables and amplifiers but not $500-$750 to preserve their second most precious sense.

As for music selection, Pennywise's "About Time" and "Full Circle" albums have been the standard fare for the past week.

Strung Out's "Twisted by Design" and Anti-Flag's "A New Kind of Army" are pretty good, too.

Anything that fuels my teenage angst = good for the endorphin rush.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back