Gym IEMs
Aug 7, 2008 at 6:34 AM Post #16 of 22
Sony has the MDR-AS40EX which uses the same EX design as EX series IEM's, but is designed for sports & gym use with a headband that gives you a stable fit.

Aug 7, 2008 at 1:59 PM Post #17 of 22
As good as the Shures work the Westones are even better. Slightly smaller and lighter housing with more manageable cables. I think they are THE BEST for working out/running, etc.

Aug 7, 2008 at 2:30 PM Post #18 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by mfdale /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The Atrio M5/M8 should suit you just fine and meet your requirements for your type of music. They are about $170.00. Use the foam tips. They are comfortable and stay in the ear good. I have a pair of the old Future Sonics EM3 and use them at the gym all the time. Good luck.

x2. Good bass, no microphonics if worn properly, plus very nice sound.

Aug 8, 2008 at 4:30 AM Post #19 of 22
Thanks for the replies. I jumped on a pair of Senn CX300's because at $15 I couldn't resist, and I have zero experience with IEMs so something cheap to experiment with the mechanics didn't seem like such a bad thing.

If I'm not happy with the s/q or want an upgrade, sounds like the UM1 is the ticket.

Aug 11, 2008 at 7:37 PM Post #20 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by bjackson /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've been using Shure SE530s for the last couple of months at the gym and have loved them a lot. A few days ago, I ran a couple of miles longer than normal and it seems that I might have shorted out the drivers with the amount of sweat. The right driver has only midrange now.

I'm going to try to get them repaired but I'd like to get something a bit cheaper for the gym. I would like <200 with a good amount of bass. I've been looking at the Super.fi 5 EBs but that might have too much bass. When I work out I listen to a lot of dance/electronic music, etc.

Man, I wouldn't dare risk my 530's in the gym lol I've been using my E4G's there for about a year, and they're awesome. They come with the ear clip but I've not been using at and they still stay in place even when I do an hour solid of cardio and it's dripping off me lol

Aug 11, 2008 at 8:29 PM Post #21 of 22
if i start going to the gym ill be thankful the zune premium buds are good enough for those times so i dont have to buy anything else, and keep my triples safe.

Aug 12, 2008 at 1:49 AM Post #22 of 22
I've been using my Shure E2C for gym since 2 weeks ago. Paired it with my Cowon D2 (it sounds terrible with my Ipod Touch), with mach3bass at 10 and a little bit EQ, i could get the sound just right to my liking.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back