Gym headphones: PX100ii, V-Jays or SJ55
May 7, 2012 at 5:22 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

magx

New Head-Fier
I'm looking to buy new gym headphones. I hate IEM so it's not an option.
After some research and reading iv'e came to these 3: PX100ii, V-Jays or SJ55.

They are all about the same price. The first two are open and the later is closed but I don't mind using open or closed headphones(isolation and leakage are not an issue).
When I train I listen mainly to electronic music(hardstyle/house) and fast paced rock.

I read Headfonia review's which lead me to lean towards the SJ55 but I decided I want to hear more opinions.  
Does anyone have opinion on the matter?

Thanks.

May 7, 2012 at 7:01 PM Post #2 of 5
The PX100II is good, although imo it is  too expensive for gym use. Imo better choices for gym use are the Koss KSC75(around $16) or if you want something closed, the $13 JVC HA-S160 Flats would be good. In addition to the cost, I wonder if the PX100II is durable enough for gym use. Another choice is the Koss Sportapro headphone($22).

I hope you plan to use a low priced player while working out. The $30 GB Sandisk Clip+ and a 16GB microSDHC card($10) or 32GB microSDHC card($25) will give you a  great $40 18GB player, or $55 34GB player.

Headphones and players used while exercising tend to get broken or damaged rather quickly. People tend to get much less upset after trashing a $30 player than after trashing a $200+ one.

May 7, 2012 at 8:16 PM Post #3 of 5
I tend to care for my stuff so they usually don't get smashed or anything like that. This is why I can afford to go to the gym with 50$-60$ headphones :)

I prefer no clip-on headphones because I use the headphones between my sets, and get them off during my workout sets. So regular headphones are more convenient.

If I do choose to get SJ55 in white, where can I get replaceable ear pads? I could not find anywhere in white - and if I will use them in the gym, I will need to replace them frequently probably.

(i'm still not sure about the SJ55 so feel free to give more opinions)

Thanks.

May 7, 2012 at 9:36 PM Post #4 of 5
I usually take good care of my stuff, except when I was at the gym. That is why I like cheap stuff for gym use. I used to keep the headphones on during sets. Replacement earpads for the PX100 are around $10 a pair. The Koss replacement earpads for the Sportapro or KSC75 are only around $5 for 3 pairs. If you don't like the KSC75, I suggest you look at the Sportapro.

May 7, 2012 at 10:23 PM Post #5 of 5
The Sportapro can be worn with the headband above the head or behind the neck. It is very durable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back