Gym-Fi: What's your workout regime?
Nov 28, 2008 at 10:35 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

jonathanjong

Headphoneus Supremus
'Tis the season to commit the sin of gluttony, after which many of us will hit the gym as penance, I'm sure. (I'm allowed to use religious metaphors, right?) I know quite a few of you work out (take that, people who think audiogeek forum members are lazy, pasty, slobs!), and I'm curious to know what your regime is and how it's going for you. I'll start.

I try to go to the gym first thing in every morning, for about an hour. I start with 50 push ups, 30 crunches, and 30 leg lifts. Then, I start on weights. I alternate among working out my chest, arms, shoulder, and back (and combinations thereof). Mostly: Barbell and dumbell presses and flys for chest; dumbell and bicep curls for arms; upright rows and lateral raises for shoulder; lap pulldowns, cable rows, and deadlifts for back. I'm working on strength rather than bulk, so I do lighter weights, more reps. Incidentally, I have no idea if I'm doing things right.

Nov 28, 2008 at 10:47 PM Post #3 of 12
no free weights for me. I just run 20-30 km per week, while most of it being cardio (hills and sprints).
I also hike 2-4 times a week in summer, and I go on 3-7 day hikes/trails as well.
During the winter, I go cross-country skiing, which is very good cardio as well.

I generally try to exercise in early evenings, and I always consume monster amount of fruits after exercise.

Nov 28, 2008 at 10:52 PM Post #4 of 12
6-8 hours of gymnastics a week.

Nov 28, 2008 at 11:23 PM Post #5 of 12
Well, I don't really go to regular gym that much, but I do Muay Thai. In my Muay Thai gym, the training regime is as follows:

The first hour is regular physical workout, which includes 10-20 minutes of rope skipping, several sets of: 30-50 push-ups, 30-50 dips, 30-50 various kinds of sit-ups and crutches, 30 leg raises and scissors, 10-20 burpees, 50 jumping jacks and similar movements for cardio, 10-20 chin-ups and a few other things, like partner sit-ups, countdowns of 10-1 push-ups/dips, and stuff like that. We sometimes also do repetitions of some Muay Thai moves, which is also pretty tiring and good for cardio.

The second half of the class, which is also one hour in length, is actual Muay Thai practice, which is also a great way to improve strength, endurance, co-ordination and, of course, self-confidence.

After the two-hour class, I often also go do some weight training, but nothing too serious. I prefer working with my own weight and I am not trying to get ripped - I just want to be strong.

Apart from Muay Thai, I also like running. I don't run crazy distances though - just 5-10 km, sometimes a little more, depending on the mood I am in.

Nov 29, 2008 at 1:03 AM Post #9 of 12
Hmm, not interested in body-building, really. I just want to be able to open a jar of pickles.
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 29, 2008 at 4:04 AM Post #10 of 12
Before bed I do about 50-60 sit ups and about 100-110 push ups. Both are divided in half in terms of sets. I walk a lot for cardio and I hope to bring my bike to campus to do even more cardio.

Nov 29, 2008 at 4:19 AM Post #11 of 12
I run 3-4 miles every other day. And I love running outside when I can. Sometimes its just twice a week though. College keeps me freakin busy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back