GV-5 suggestions?
Oct 10, 2006 at 6:58 PM Post #16 of 41
Btw. somethings wrong here....
It's a thread about a portable amp... ...the Go-Vibe5....
and no answer from Andrea yet, that the Xenos is superior........
evil_smiley.gif
evil_smiley.gif
evil_smiley.gif
evil_smiley.gif
evil_smiley.gif
evil_smiley.gif

Oct 10, 2006 at 9:06 PM Post #18 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by rhymesgalore
Btw. somethings wrong here....
It's a thread about a portable amp... ...the Go-Vibe5....
and no answer from Andrea yet, that the Xenos is superior........
evil_smiley.gif
evil_smiley.gif
evil_smiley.gif
evil_smiley.gif
evil_smiley.gif
evil_smiley.gif

Ah yep... how is it that I've missed this... the Xenos is superior....
tongue.gif
tongue.gif
tongue.gif
tongue.gif
tongue.gif
biggrin.gif

Oct 10, 2006 at 9:40 PM Post #20 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by asebastian0
sonicm-

Watch out with your interconnects as the go-vibe as it is a very transparent amp! I was very displeased with mine at first and as it turned out it was due to my cardas interconnect (recommended above) which i belive may have deteriorated over time due to heavy usage. The difference was not apparent in my other portable amps (xin supermicro/macro-3). The interconnect I am using now cost more than the amp itself (ALO cryo) and is probably not what you are looking for at the moment but keep in mind down the line that with this amp in particular you can dramatically alter the sound by switching around your interconnects! Also, I would agree to put money towards the interconnect rather than the power supply as the difference in SQ was more palpable (to my ears) with the interconnect upgrade.

-alan

Hmm..If this true, does anyone know whether Turbo's cables are good with GV-5's?
Also, thanks, I think I'll probably end up buying that one.

Oct 10, 2006 at 9:56 PM Post #21 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by afobisme
interesting, i could have sworn in the official go-vibe 5 thread, andrea felt the amp was inadequate at first, then got the 24v wallcharger, and had a flurry of compliments. and now have you switched jerseys again?

Indeed. Andrea actually no longer owns a Go-Vibe V5, but an orphan based on his own perception of good sound quality.
I personally do not endorse his selection of alternate op-amps and other mods.

Andrea, I know you mean well in your efforts to convince people what they should be hearing, but unfortuneately you seem to be in the minority here, regardless of how many times you post.

In addition, your opinions seem to change as frequently as the weather. You have gone from liking the Go-Vibe to not liking it, modifying it, liking it again, ordering a second sample, cancelling the order, not liking it, modding it again, liking it and finally ...........not liking it. whew.......

Oct 10, 2006 at 11:05 PM Post #22 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by sonicm
Hmm..If this true, does anyone know whether Turbo's cables are good with GV-5's?
Also, thanks, I think I'll probably end up buying that one.

I am currently using one of Turbo's ICs (I have 3). They are very well made, you receive them very fast, last very long (one of mine is over a year old and it sees use every day), and they sound very good.

I am including a couple of pics of one of Turbo's IC in use in my rig. Finally I am also including a pic of a Turbo IC using straight minis instead of ell minis. Click on the pics to make them larger.

Oct 10, 2006 at 11:28 PM Post #23 of 41
I fully second Mr Arroyo and Turbo minis. I use them exclusively with my GV5
and also with my Headroom Microstack. I find them leagues better than the Cardas I got originally with the Stack. Bigger soundstage and clearer sonics.
And I have A/B this to death. I even have a Turbo mini to RCA waiting for the Heed Canamp that is on its way from Hungary. I cannot praise the product Turbo produces enough (and a great person as well!)

Oct 10, 2006 at 11:40 PM Post #24 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by dw6928
I fully second Mr Arroyo and Turbo minis. I use them exclusively with my GV5
and also with my Headroom Microstack. I find them leagues better than the Cardas I got originally with the Stack. Bigger soundstage and clearer sonics.
And I have A/B this to death. I even have a Turbo mini to RCA waiting for the Heed Canamp that is on its way from Hungary. I cannot praise the product Turbo produces enough (and a great person as well!)

Can you post a link so others can investigate those nice looking cables?

Oct 11, 2006 at 12:29 AM Post #28 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by dw6928
thanks Miguel, my photos would not have done Turbo justice. all I need now is that Heed you got me so interested in.

I wished you and the others would get them as well. IMO it is a fantastic amp which on top of everything is very inexpensive. It really makes the AKG K701, HD600, and my Grado sing.
cool.gif

Oct 11, 2006 at 2:08 AM Post #30 of 41
the go vibe 5 is pretty awesome i'd have to say... because i can even tell a discernable difference in SQ. can't really say it's the best amp for the price, since the only other amp i have tried is a crappy cMoy.

i haven't broken it in yet, and i already like the enhancements. before purchasing the amp, i thought i possibly wouldn't be able to tell a difference... so i guess it's one of two things 1) i have decent hearing or 2) the improvement in sound quality is drastic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back