Guys, need your advise with JVC HA-M55X headphones
May 29, 2020 at 11:34 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

anythingelse45

New Head-Fier
OK, So I am trying to buy the JVC HA-M55X headphones,Yes I know these are not for audiophiles because of the bass heavy sound but thats what I like. Now I live in India and tried looking at a few options but the only site its available on has a picture of the product which looks like the lower end HA-M44X model. The details are of the M55X model but the image looks like the M44X model. I did a google search and came across a few other sites within the country as well as a couple of different countries that have advertised (either at present or past) the M55X model with a picture that looks like the M44X model. See images below:
So my question is, Is the product genuine, have they updated the M55X model design or is this model being sold with the M44X style design in other countries which the seller has imported or is this seller a conman
Now asking the seller is not an option because if he is a conman, he would obviously say its genuine

This is what it should look like:
219987_HA-M55X-W.jpg

This is what it looks like:
219984_HA-S44X-W.jpg

Notice the subtle differences in the screw position, the cup size and the Left side embossing

May 30, 2020 at 6:12 AM Post #2 of 3
It's likely that the seller either made the mistake of listing the model number incorrectly or listed the wrong photo.
At a glance they do look VERY similar, so someone who is selling many products and listing them as quickly as possible could make either mistake easily.

I would simply ask for clarification as to exactly which headphone is being sold because you noticed the discrepancy between the listed model number and the photo.
I wouldn't take anything less than photographic evidence of what is actually being sold - this should ease your worries.

May 30, 2020 at 6:52 AM Post #3 of 3
It's likely that the seller either made the mistake of listing the model number incorrectly or listed the wrong photo.
At a glance they do look VERY similar, so someone who is selling many products and listing them as quickly as possible could make either mistake easily.

I would simply ask for clarification as to exactly which headphone is being sold because you noticed the discrepancy between the listed model number and the photo.
I wouldn't take anything less than photographic evidence of what is actually being sold - this should ease your worries.
Thanks Greq, Makes sense, will do that

Users who are viewing this thread

Back