Gustard U16 - the first USB Interface featuring ESS USB chip
Feb 8, 2019 at 11:22 AM Post #616 of 1,697
If I remember it correctly, the difference between RCA and BNC has something to do with the impedance. BNC is easier to maintain the 75 ohm impedance than RAC.

I might be wrong since it was a long time ago when I was interested making cables.

You remember it correctly, it’s easier to make a true 75 ohm impedance BNC connector than a RCA.

The question is how big of a deal is it for SQ if the connectors would be 77 Ohm instead of 75 for an S/PDIF signal.

Feb 8, 2019 at 6:50 PM Post #624 of 1,697
My u16 has broken I did not get to experience it fully so I continue with my su-1 til reserve is coming but if you tame su1s edges and hardness it is beautiful.

My U16 is broken too. It continually power cycles. I've put in an RMA request with Shenzhen Audio but haven't heard back in almost a week. I don't know if it's due to the Chinese New Year or not, but we'll see. Luckily I paid with PayPal so I have some recourse should I receive no response.

Feb 9, 2019 at 8:46 AM Post #629 of 1,697
I opened it up and the power switch is ok with connection through the 4-pin connector to transformer. Shenzen instructed to fix the solder joints near said connector (common problem?). It was not a solution for my u16 though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back