Gustard U16 - the first USB Interface featuring ESS USB chip
Jan 13, 2019 at 10:16 AM Post #406 of 1,697
Thanks Fred for the update on those cables. I'll probably order the 2.1 too. Can't wait for the gustard to be back in stock. Orders are not possible on shenzhen, aliexpress and amazon.

Last edited:
Jan 13, 2019 at 10:40 AM Post #408 of 1,697
Thanks Fred for the update on those cables. I'll probably order the 2.1 too. Can't wait for the gustard to be back in stock. Orders are not possible on shenzhen, aliexpress and amazon.

hmm I wonder if that is why I am having issues with my second order from Shenzhen. I placed an order for my Second U16 on Jan 6. Their website says that it was shipped via DHL Express on Jan 9, however the tracking number still does not work 4 days later. usually it only takes a day or two to show up in the system.
I have a ticket in with Shenzhen that i submitted today but no answer yet.
I am starting to get frustrated. the first order went perfectly smooth, no duty or import fees either. Im really hoping they just messed up the tracking number input..... hope im not out $400 cdn... that would suck!

Jan 13, 2019 at 10:44 AM Post #409 of 1,697
Just got an answer from Shenzhen, see below, hopefully they hold up to their word.

"Dear Darren, Thanks for your message. The tracking information may be delayed. We will track the status with courier company when we go back work tomorrow. Please don't worry about it. If it still has no any updated information within one week,we will resend a new one to you. Thanks for your understanding. Best regards!"

Jan 13, 2019 at 11:51 AM Post #411 of 1,697
Same issue here with waiting for my new U16 that I ordered about 2-3 weeks ago... I got the DHL tracking number, but no shipping updates as of yet, and it’s been over a week or so since I got the tracking info.

Jan 13, 2019 at 1:04 PM Post #412 of 1,697
I got a good deal on mine on ebay but will pay the price with shipping (speedPak). I ordered on 12/21/18 and I'm guessing I have two more weeks to go, lucky it's in the states now.

Jan 13, 2019 at 2:43 PM Post #414 of 1,697
Same issue here with waiting for my new U16 that I ordered about 2-3 weeks ago... I got the DHL tracking number, but no shipping updates as of yet, and it’s been over a week or so since I got the tracking info.

Thanks, reassuring to know that I am not the only one with this issue.

Jan 13, 2019 at 4:11 PM Post #415 of 1,697
hmm I wonder if that is why I am having issues with my second order from Shenzhen. I placed an order for my Second U16 on Jan 6. Their website says that it was shipped via DHL Express on Jan 9, however the tracking number still does not work 4 days later. usually it only takes a day or two to show up in the system.
I have a ticket in with Shenzhen that i submitted today but no answer yet.
I am starting to get frustrated. the first order went perfectly smooth, no duty or import fees either. Im really hoping they just messed up the tracking number input..... hope im not out $400 cdn... that would suck!

What I ordered in late December & it still shows processing & not shipped from Shenzhen. Why did you get yours shipped before mine.

Jan 13, 2019 at 5:10 PM Post #416 of 1,697
What I ordered in late December & it still shows processing & not shipped from Shenzhen. Why did you get yours shipped before mine.

well it doesn't seem like mine is actually shipped yet anyways. maybe try opening a ticket and see what they say? the other option would be to cancel the order and order one through ebay.

Jan 14, 2019 at 7:29 PM Post #419 of 1,697
Thankfully for Holo I2S configuration, ver 1.58/1.61 work fine, so no qualms there.

After marathon tussle with Jplay Trial activation, I finally see the light. This is unbelievable - how a software can unlock so much potential from same hardware.
Using Jplay with KS at 5Hz link is pure bliss even on my modified Topping D50 (with OPA 2209) and just K712 Pro.
I am yet to check it with Spring and my better headphones.
I am definitely getting a license for JPlay!

So now I am having second thoughts about Jplay.
Currently on linux kernel-lowlatency v 4.18 with ALSA direct access at 192 ~ 256 samples from DeadBeef. Definitely sounds better than Jplay. No need to compare with crappy Thesycon USB drivers.
Next steps will be to compile pre-emptive aka Realtime kernel, install mpd. That should settle down in to a high performance audio server for my U-16.

Funny thing is with low latency kernel + ALSA direct, even direct USB connection to DACs sound so much better!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back