Gustard U16 - the first USB Interface featuring ESS USB chip
Dec 6, 2018 at 11:01 AM Post #114 of 1,697
Yeah, no doubt U16 wins. It is an very obvious improvement.

Xmos to me sounded much better than Amanero, and yet the U16 is an immediate upgrade in performances over Xmos.

I can’t wait for the day where these dedicated DSP chips are implemented inside flagship DAP, and expensive DAC....you know...those 20k and so on...still using Brass Pins and ribbon cables LoL!

Dec 6, 2018 at 9:09 PM Post #118 of 1,697
I am about get another R2R DAC from audio-gd for multi-channel setup. Currently I am doing R2R7 (front channel) + 2 other DAC of different brands, which still work quite nicely. I think if I use all Audio-gd DACs eventually will blend in the sound more, becoming more homogenous. I am wondering if 3 Gustard-U16 can be used for this by clocking them all with an external master clock, and so they will sync all 3 DACs together. (I do know the Gustard is not compatible with Audio-gd)

Last edited:
Dec 7, 2018 at 3:41 AM Post #120 of 1,697
I am about get another R2R DAC from audio-gd for multi-channel setup. Currently I am doing R2R7 (front channel) + 2 other DAC of different brands, which still work quite nicely. I think if I use all Audio-gd DACs eventually will blend in the sound more, becoming more homogenous. I am wondering if 3 Gustard-U16 can be used for this by clocking them all with an external master clock, and so they will sync all 3 DACs together. (I do know the Gustard is not compatible with Audio-gd)
You can choose only one audio output in time. How you gonna resolve this?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back