Gustard U12 USB Interface 8 Core XMOS chip
Feb 12, 2019 at 7:41 PM Post #3,691 of 3,700
I’ve just purchased an U12 and really impressed!

My problem is i want to use the i2s output with my PS Audio DirectStream Jr., but there is some pre-emphasis issue (different i2s pin configuration?). The U16 has an specific driver/firmware for PS devices. Is there any firmware/driver to solve this?

Thanks in advance.

Apr 14, 2019 at 5:08 AM Post #3,692 of 3,700
Hello community,
Is it possible to upgrade oscilators to same higher quality like accuilicon, without makeing individual pads to sit them on board?
Which oscilators you should recomend over original ones?
Thanks

May 22, 2020 at 2:08 PM Post #3,693 of 3,700
Hi ! i found some interesting measurements on another site.
To make it short, the conclusion is that with dacs with a reclocking circuit well executed usb to spdif interfaces of different quality provide very similar results.
I tried the U12 and other very humble usb to spdif converters on a same dac from Apogee, the Rosetta 200 that has indeed a sort of reclocking circuit. I could not hear any substantial differences in the sound.
Maybe other dacs are more sensible to the quality of the incoming digital signal ?
I tend to believe in reclocking being a good thing.

Dec 23, 2020 at 9:04 AM Post #3,694 of 3,700
Guys, has anyone changed the LM317 regulator? I read the entire forum, it seems that there were plans to change, but no one wrote about the results. We talked about the DEXA 7805 regulator, but it's expensive. Can we keep the LM 317 or improve it somehow?

Last edited:
Jun 7, 2021 at 3:25 PM Post #3,695 of 3,700
Привет, ребята,

Сегодня я начал модифицировать часы в U12.
После того, как я «сжег» NDK, который я купил для схемы повышающей дискретизации в моем ЦАП, мне пришлось найти другое решение для пайки этих крошечных NDK.

Печатная плата с повышающей дискретизацией с оригинальным кристаллом - NDK для сравнения, очень-очень крошечный ,,,

[ПРИКЛЮЧИТЬ] 1340036 [/ ПРИКЛЮЧИТЬ]
[ПРИКЛЮЧИТЬ] 1340037 [/ ПРИКЛЮЧИТЬ]

Пытался припаять провода к контактным площадкам, все получилось, но проволока оказалась слишком жесткой, поэтому они несколько раз «отрывались» от контактных площадок.

[ПРИКЛЮЧИТЬ] 1340038 [/ ПРИКЛЮЧИТЬ]
[ПРИКЛЮЧИТЬ] 1340043 [/ ПРИКЛЮЧИТЬ]

Наконец, я сжег NDK и остановил модификацию платы с повышающей дискретизацией.

Сегодня я подумал, что попробую использовать два одиночных провода (от обычного шнура питания 230 В) и скрутить их вместе, чтобы получить гибкий провод.
(слева на картинке)

[ПРИКЛЮЧИТЬ] 1340050 [/ ПРИКЛЮЧИТЬ]

Я взял DIL14 и немного 3M AB51000S, чтобы приклеить NDK к клейкой стороне 3M,
это сделало пайку намного проще!

Сначала я отрезаю булавки, которые не будут использоваться

[ПРИКЛЮЧИТЬ] 1340085 [/ ПРИКЛЮЧИТЬ]

Потом припаял скрученные провода к колодкам

[ПРИКЛЮЧИТЬ] 1340056 [/ ПРИКЛЮЧИТЬ]

Я положил 3M AB51000S внутрь DIL14 клейкой стороной вверх.

[ПРИКЛЮЧИТЬ] 1340058 [/ ПРИКЛЮЧИТЬ]

Затем я поставил 3M с NDK поверх DIL14.

[ПРИКЛЮЧИТЬ] 1340059 [/ ПРИКЛЮЧИТЬ]
[ПРИКЛЮЧИТЬ] 1340061 [/ ПРИКЛЮЧИТЬ]

Затем я вставил дополнительные 3M в отверстие в DIP14.

[ПРИКЛЮЧИТЬ] 1340062 [/ ПРИКЛЮЧИТЬ]

и наклеить клейкую ленту, чтобы они хорошо держались вместе

[ПРИКЛЮЧИТЬ] 1340065 [/ ПРИКЛЮЧИТЬ]
[ПРИКЛЮЧИТЬ] 1340066 [/ ПРИКЛЮЧИТЬ]
[ПРИКЛЮЧИТЬ] 1340068 [/ ПРИКЛЮЧИТЬ]

Затем я взял немного силового клея, чтобы приклеить сверху конденсатор 10 нФ, который должен быть подключен между землей и VCC (контакт 2–4 NDK, контакты 7–14 DIL14).

[ПРИКЛЮЧИТЬ] 1340077 [/ ПРИКЛЮЧИТЬ]
[ПРИКЛЮЧИТЬ] 1340078 [/ ПРИКЛЮЧИТЬ]

Затем я аккуратно намотал провода на контакты крышки, а затем соответствующий контакт DIL14 и очень быстро припаял их.

[ПРИКЛЮЧИТЬ] 1340090 [/ ПРИКЛЮЧИТЬ]

А затем два других провода

[ПРИКЛЮЧИТЬ] 1340091 [/ ПРИКЛЮЧИТЬ]

[ПРИКЛЮЧИТЬ] 1340092 [/ ПРИКЛЮЧИТЬ]

[ПРИКЛЮЧИТЬ] 1340094 [/ ПРИКЛЮЧИТЬ]

Частоты написала поверх шапки, как раз вовремя, чуть не забыл, на какой они частоты
blink.gif

Затем я открыл U12 и распаял часы (текст и пылезащитный колпачок оторвались при снятии поглотителей 3M).

[ПРИКЛЮЧИТЬ] 1340097 [/ ПРИКЛЮЧИТЬ]

Я приставал к другому DIL14 и использовал контакты для пайки на плате U12 (чтобы припаять их, просто поместите их на другой DIL14, чтобы они были припаяны прямо вертикально!)

[ПРИКЛЮЧИТЬ] 1340098 [/ ПРИКЛЮЧИТЬ]

[ПРИКЛЮЧИТЬ] 1340100 [/ ПРИКЛЮЧИТЬ]
[ПРИКЛЮЧИТЬ] 1340103 [/ ПРИКЛЮ

ЧИТЬ]

Затем я пошел слушать, прежде чем снова пошить большие крышки с поглотителями 3M, просто чтобы убедиться, что все работает нормально и звучит, как и обещал!

Первые впечатления:

Уровень шума намного ниже, более «тише» - больше черного вокруг инструментов и голосов, больше деталей и большая звуковая сцена, более живое, да, все эти вещи
можно ожидать при использовании очень хороших кристаллов. Я уверен, что моим соседям НЕ нравятся новые кристаллы, так как я стараюсь увеличить мощность своих динамиков.
tongue_smile.gif

Я сообщу, когда кристаллы пройдут период выгорания.

Регулятор Dexa последует, я заказал неправильное напряжение, моя ошибка, тупой, тупой, тупой

Sep 17, 2021 at 5:11 AM Post #3,696 of 3,700
Hi,

I am a long time lurker but posting for the first time here. I recently obtained an used Gustard U12 but facing a weird issue. When I plug in my USB cable from PC to U12 it does a handshake and displays the bitrate , however within 5-10 minutes it just stops receving any signal and the display shows just '-----' . Not sure where the issue might be, tried different sources (PC/Laptop and a Samsung S10 via OTG) and 2 different USB cables with the same result.

Jan 22, 2023 at 11:41 AM Post #3,697 of 3,700
Hi,

I am a long time lurker but posting for the first time here. I recently obtained an used Gustard U12 but facing a weird issue. When I plug in my USB cable from PC to U12 it does a handshake and displays the bitrate , however within 5-10 minutes it just stops receving any signal and the display shows just '-----' . Not sure where the issue might be, tried different sources (PC/Laptop and a Samsung S10 via OTG) and 2 different USB cables with the same result.
I am facing the same issue with my 2nd hand purchase of U12 but I resolved it by only feeding 16bit/44.1khz signal from my source gear. I don't really care for higher bits or sampling rate anyway. But this makes me fearful to upgrade to U18 or other higher tier DDC. After reading many anecdotes on the forums I get the impression that DDC is not a simple plug and play device like many DAC/AMPs. It seems to me that there are many places in the audio chain that can cause various issues and everything sort of has to be perfectly aligned and compatible. I feel like DDC stability is a big problem out there.

Feb 1, 2023 at 1:05 PM Post #3,698 of 3,700
I am facing the same issue with my 2nd hand purchase of U12 but I resolved it by only feeding 16bit/44.1khz signal from my source gear. I don't really care for higher bits or sampling rate anyway. But this makes me fearful to upgrade to U18 or other higher tier DDC. After reading many anecdotes on the forums I get the impression that DDC is not a simple plug and play device like many DAC/AMPs. It seems to me that there are many places in the audio chain that can cause various issues and everything sort of has to be perfectly aligned and compatible. I feel like DDC stability is a big problem out there.
That's good to know, I got an used U16 DDC later and that worked fine without much issues. The first owner of U12 was kind enough to take it back.

Feb 1, 2023 at 3:17 PM Post #3,699 of 3,700
That's good to know, I got an used U16 DDC later and that worked fine without much issues. The first owner of U12 was kind enough to take it back.
In my case it turns out that it is DAC dependent rather than the sampling rate. With higher end DACs higher rate is not an issue but with cheaper DACs this problem tends to happen. But I can't entirely fault this on DACs either, as other DDCs could do a perfect job of it (e.g. my previous Douk DDC had no issue whatsoever). Again this goes back to the interplay/compatibility....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back