Gustard DAC-A26 - AK4499EX DAC :: Impressions Thread
Dec 18, 2023 at 9:53 PM Post #887 of 1,027
please help, my A26 connected to my amp via RCA cables does not produce any sound at all. Do you know if I need to enable any settings for RCA cables? I connect via XLR cables and the DAC works fine. Thank you.

Dec 19, 2023 at 3:32 AM Post #888 of 1,027
please help, my A26 connected to my amp via RCA cables does not produce any sound at all. Do you know if I need to enable any settings for RCA cables? I connect via XLR cables and the DAC works fine. Thank you.
Not. All you need to do is selecting RCA input on your amp to get sound.

Dec 22, 2023 at 3:51 AM Post #889 of 1,027
I wanted to know if you use the Gustard A26 in ethernet mode and if you have installed version 1v43
I have a big problem with this version, I can't give it a fixed IP because if I turn it off, it then acquires a different IP address as its MAC address changes every time it is turned on

Dec 22, 2023 at 5:38 AM Post #890 of 1,027
I wanted to know if you use the Gustard A26 in ethernet mode and if you have installed version 1v43
I have a big problem with this version, I can't give it a fixed IP because if I turn it off, it then acquires a different IP address as its MAC address changes every time it is turned on
I no longer use the ethernet input (Diretta > I2S) but with version 1.42, I used to use a fixed IP given by the DHCP server (OpenDHCP on my Roon/HQPlayer audio server).

Dec 22, 2023 at 9:13 PM Post #891 of 1,027
Any others experiencing issues with 1.43? I would like to upgrade so that the LAN streaming endpoint becomes available more quickly after turning on the unit.

Dec 23, 2023 at 6:29 PM Post #892 of 1,027
I got my A26 two days ago and I am amazed. And happy to find out that eversolo ME via usb is better option than the internal streamer so I can keep them both. The lan input is not bad at all, but seems a bit fuzzier to me compared to the precision and weight of the eversolo. Also, it is laggy whan I upsample to dsd 512 through the hqplayer, therefore unusable. Though it works fine with pcm. I am using it while working on computer. My unit came with firmware version 1.42. What does the 1.43 change? Where can I find it? It doesn't seem to be present on the official gustard page.

Dec 23, 2023 at 7:16 PM Post #894 of 1,027
Ok, found the links. True, tidal connect would be appreciated but regarding all the issues described above, is it worth to upgrade?
Roon is going to be the best bet for using LAN and the internal steamer.

The DAC chip of the A26(AK4499EX) only supports 128x and 256x DSD rates.
So DSD512 is out of the question.
Enable DSD Direct mode and set DSD Filter to wide (they call it “Wild Bandwidth”).
Then set HQPlayer to output 44.1k x256 and use one of the ASDM7EC group of modulators.

Dec 25, 2023 at 5:24 AM Post #895 of 1,027

Enable DSD Direct mode and set DSD Filter to wide (they call it “Wild Bandwidth”).
Then set HQPlayer to output 44.1k x256 and use one of the ASDM7EC group of modulators.
For the source of 48k family, I use 48x256. I use floor-mounted speakers, and I usually cannot hear the "pop" sound unless the volume control is turned up 10db when listening to symphony. Will using 48x256 have a different on the sound quality?

Dec 25, 2023 at 5:15 PM Post #897 of 1,027

Thanks for the precious info. I managed to flash the gustarender 1.43 combining execution of the bat file which revealed the partition with the balena etcher which did the flashing. Tidal connect is working now, but only on pc app and it doesn't allow me to switch between eversolo and gustarender connect without restarting the app. Is there a way to make it work properly or is that just poor quality of the firmware? Tidal app on Android sees the gustarender but cannot select it. Have anyone had the impression that sq of the lan input got worse under the new firmware?

Dec 27, 2023 at 3:12 AM Post #898 of 1,027
Thanks for the precious info. I managed to flash the gustarender 1.43 combining execution of the bat file which revealed the partition with the balena etcher which did the flashing. Tidal connect is working now, but only on pc app and it doesn't allow me to switch between eversolo and gustarender connect without restarting the app. Is there a way to make it work properly or is that just poor quality of the firmware? Tidal app on Android sees the gustarender but cannot select it. Have anyone had the impression that sq of the lan input got worse under the new firmware?

Because tidal is still a beta version, a specific tidal version is required on the Android platform(v2.64.2).

https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/tidal...se/tidal-music-2-64-2-2-android-apk-download/

Jan 2, 2024 at 9:59 PM Post #899 of 1,027
Any Gustard A22 to A26 comparisons?

I love the A22, but would love to upgrade if there is like any custom filters on the A26 to make it a lil step darker without making it less dynamic.

R26 is not it.

Unless the upcoming Gustard H26 amp is forgiving in the Treble to compensate for d/s dac treble extension.

Jan 3, 2024 at 6:46 AM Post #900 of 1,027
Any Gustard A22 to A26 comparisons?

I love the A22, but would love to upgrade if there is like any custom filters on the A26 to make it a lil step darker without making it less dynamic.

R26 is not it.

Unless the upcoming Gustard H26 amp is forgiving in the Treble to compensate for d/s dac treble extension.
Excess treble could come from anywhere in your system, or just your own ears. Have you tried other amps, cables or sources first?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back