Gustard DAC-A26 - AK4499EX DAC :: Impressions Thread
Nov 18, 2023 at 12:21 PM Post #871 of 996
Things may seem complicated, but they can be simple.
Because some filters of hqp (sinc -mga) only support integer sampling rates (48k family), some people will turn off dsd direct in some cases, but I don't want to always adjust the settings, I just want to listen to music. I have two options.
One is to fix the 44.1 output and use a filter that does not limit the sampling rate (guass long).
second is to turn off DSD Direct.
Yup fix the output at 44.1 like Jussi says to.
Turning DSD direct off is not what I’d recommend

Nov 20, 2023 at 3:56 PM Post #873 of 996
Hello!

I managed to update the Gustard A26 firmware from ver 1.41 to 1.43.
I switch off the device, insert usb cable from A26 usb-c to laptop usb-c and I started the application "balenaEtcher", you can find it here: https://etcher.balena.io/ and here you have the instructions for the firmware update for A26: https://mega.nz/file/Rol10J7J#c7pXng-5_LFFkhJNkwm4X-nPAEfz_IJkmXYWUkZIWHY
I can confirm that after the update, with firmware version 1.43, Tidal connect and UPnP also work for me.
I tried with Bubble UPnP and mconnect player HD, on the tablet. So until now everything works ok. I will come back in a few days to see if it remains functional :)
I received the update and instructions from service@gustard.com.
Good luck!

Nov 20, 2023 at 4:10 PM Post #874 of 996
Hello!

I managed to update the Gustard A26 firmware from ver 1.41 to 1.43.
I switch off the device, insert usb cable from A26 usb-c to laptop usb-c and I started the application "balenaEtcher", you can find it here: https://etcher.balena.io/ and here you have the instructions for the firmware update for A26: https://mega.nz/file/Rol10J7J#c7pXng-5_LFFkhJNkwm4X-nPAEfz_IJkmXYWUkZIWHY
I can confirm that after the update, with firmware version 1.43, Tidal connect and UPnP also work for me.
I tried with Bubble UPnP and mconnect player HD, on the tablet. So until now everything works ok. I will come back in a few days to see if it remains functional :)
I received the update and instructions from service@gustard.com.
Good luck!
Small problem:
About 5 Gustarender-1v43 devices with different IPs appear in BubbleUPnP :frowning2:(((

Nov 20, 2023 at 4:57 PM Post #876 of 996
Everything worked for about 10 minutes. Gustardrender no longer appears in Tidal, I can't see it at all on the tablet, and only BubbleUPnP works on the phone. HEEEEEEELLLP! :frowning2:
With the firmware version 1v43 work only this version of Tidal:v2.64.2

Note: Android phones or tablets will require the July 2022 version (v2.64.2). PC and Apple are not affected.
Download at https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/tidal...se/tidal-music-2-64-2-2-android-apk-download/

It's working again with "Tidal" and "BubbleUPNP", but not with the app "mconnect"

Nov 20, 2023 at 6:24 PM Post #877 of 996
Yup fix the output at 44.1 like Jussi says to.
Turning DSD direct off is not what I’d recommend
It's amazing... I'm on "DSD direct" / I2S / DSD 256*48 / sinc-MGa

1700508105405.png

Nov 25, 2023 at 3:44 PM Post #878 of 996
Hi

Has anyone had an opportunity to compare Gustard's internal streamer with an eversolo A6 connected to A26 through USB? I am considering purchasing this dac for my Auris ha-2sf using eversolo as a transport. Currently I have topping dx7 pro as a dac. Does such an upgrade make a sense? Unfortunately, the eversolo has no i2s output.

Nov 25, 2023 at 4:06 PM Post #879 of 996
Hi

Has anyone had an opportunity to compare Gustard's internal streamer with an eversolo A6 connected to A26 through USB? I am considering purchasing this dac for my Auris ha-2sf using eversolo as a transport. Currently I have topping dx7 pro as a dac. Does such an upgrade make a sense? Unfortunately, the eversolo has no i2s output.
Someone did with the R26 which uses the same renderer and still felt that using the R26 with the LAN input was superior.
I would imagine the same here.
We put the R26 through its paces over there.
Everything imaginable we threw at it.
Basically to boil down that 550page thread-
Use the LAN input
Use Fiber Media Converters

The only times where the renderer and LAN inputs were bested were when using pricy jcat usb cards and DDCs and streamers costing more than the R26 itself.

Nov 25, 2023 at 4:43 PM Post #880 of 996
Someone did with the R26 which uses the same renderer and still felt that using the R26 with the LAN input was superior.
I would imagine the same here.
We put the R26 through its paces over there.
Everything imaginable we threw at it.
Basically to boil down that 550page thread-
Use the LAN input
Use Fiber Media Converters

The only times where the renderer and LAN inputs were bested were when using pricy jcat usb cards and DDCs and streamers costing more than the R26 itself.
Ok, thanks, seems more reasonable to invest in a purer dac without lan port and bluetooth. From what I ve read, pontus might be the one, only it's a bit more expensive. In general, my stuff is bright, clean and detailed (he1000se) thus it could balance it little bit.

Nov 25, 2023 at 4:59 PM Post #881 of 996
Ok, thanks, seems more reasonable to invest in a purer dac without lan port and bluetooth. From what I ve read, pontus might be the one, only it's a bit more expensive. In general, my stuff is bright, clean and detailed (he1000se) thus it could balance it little bit.
I sold my Pontus 2 and didn’t buy the Venus 2 I was auditioning when I demoed the R26.
The R26 was better in every way compared to the Pontus and was almost identical to the Venus.

Nov 25, 2023 at 6:05 PM Post #882 of 996
Audio GD R-8 (or R-27 for your he1000se), save on the headamp/pre-amp. Or HE versions with power regenerator.

Nov 27, 2023 at 4:40 AM Post #883 of 996
Audio GD R-8 (or R-27 for your he1000se), save on the headamp/pre-amp. Or HE versions with power regenerator.
Probably stupid question : is it conceivable that eversolo control gustard's streamer? Like I would choose on eversolo what comes to gustard's lan port? I realy like eversolo interface and above all I wanted to eliminate pc from my chain.

Dec 15, 2023 at 10:56 PM Post #885 of 996

Users who are viewing this thread

Back